Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, i have a 2007 sorento automatic diesel, when i drove through rain with it (or maybe left it in the rain) as i came to start the car, it started idling on high revvs (2k) and as i put it on drive, it wouldnt take any acceleration, just drive, and i had to drive home at 20kmph, i found water under the passenger carpet, where the ECU is. The car would come back to normal after a day or 2, i cant understand where the rain water is coming from... this only happened when i drove in rain. Any help please? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
If you have a sunroof, the most likely is a blocked drain from the front sunroof gully. Drain runs down the 'a' pillar behind the trim. Most likely place for blockage are the outlets below the windscreen behind the plastic cover for the windscreen wipers.Don't try and poke the line clear, it's only a thin rubber/plastic tube. If it won't clear directly from the bottom end light compressed air UP the tube is recommended. (Otherwise it might be a leak from black trim that runs rear-to-front beside the roof bars. Some have resealed with silicone under that trim, near the windscreen.) Check for damp headliner at top of A pillar which is usually where the overflow ends up.

·
Super Moderator
9,501 Posts
Good morning, i have a 2007 sorento automatic diesel, when i drove through rain with it (or maybe left it in the rain) as i came to start the car, it started idling on high revvs (2k) and as i put it on drive, it wouldnt take any acceleration, just drive, and i had to drive home at 20kmph, i found water under the passenger carpet, where the ECU is. The car would come back to normal after a day or 2, i cant understand where the rain water is coming from... this only happened when i drove in rain. Any help please? Thank you in advance
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts