Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento LX 2.4L AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! New here! Curious to know if anyone has ever changed out their radios with a different year’s version of radio? So what I’m trying to accomplish: I have a 2016 Sorento LX and I want to install a 2017-2018 radio with Apple CarPlay/android auto into it. It appears to be the same size. I know I have options of going aftermarket however, I’ve never had luck with aftermarket radios so I’d rather not go down that route.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,833 Posts
The higher end '16 radios have been updated for Android Auto as well. Don't know what you're starting with, so hard to advise on what might be possible, but probably no reason you need to jump to a 17-18 radio in particular.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My suggestion is not to go for any of the Kia's later model radio, which has Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Instead, go for third party after market radio head unit, which has more features and flexibility . Look for a head unit which offers wireless android auto (Wifi chip built-in) and / or mirror link functionality.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
624 Posts
I agree with the last suggestion. If you're going to swap out the radio, you might as well go for the better quality and more features.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My suggestion is not to go for any of the Kia's later model radio, which has Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Instead, go for a third party after market radio head unit, which has more features and flexibility . Look for a head unit which offers wireless android auto (Wi-Fi chip built-in) and / or mirror link functionality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts