Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 kia sorento. I think i just read through every thread about this but still not clear. i saw a number of threads that you cant upgrade from the 4.3" inch to the navigation unit.
I want to upgrade from the 4.3" to the 7" non navi unit to get Android auto. Is that possible?

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
You might be better off getting an aftermarket unit that comes with the proper wiring harnesses. Crutchfield includes mounting kits and vehicle specific wiring adapters with every head unit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You might be better off getting an aftermarket unit that comes with the proper wiring harnesses. Crutchfield includes mounting kits and vehicle specific wiring adapters with every head unit.
Agreed. I believe somewhere in a thread here a person ended up doing that (going from the 4.3" standard, non-uvo screen and getting an aftermarket head unit with android auto) through Best Buy or something. Though you end up paying for more than just the head unit if you want the backup cam and steering wheel controls to keep functioning. From what I could tell Best Buy has all those adapters and parts and can supposedly do the install to make everything work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't seen any aftermarket that has sirius/xm which I use. That's why I want the OEM replacement . Can it be done if I get the harness or it's not possible?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts