Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sportage LX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to swap the OEM radio out with another OEM radio with Sirius radio. I was wondering what else i would need to do this, other than a sirius antenna.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,511 Posts
I would like to swap the OEM radio out with another OEM radio with Sirius radio. I was wondering what else i would need to do this, other than a sirius antenna.
The one with SiriusXM is in the tech package of the EX or with the SX. Wiring is different and is not made for the LX or the EX without tech package. Besides, it would be extremely expensive to put in an OEM unit. Go to Crutchfield and get an aftermarket unit with all of the bits you need to install it. It will be cheaper, have a better screen, and many more features at a lower price.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sportage LX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crutchfield so far has nothing for the 2021. Not sure what you mean by tech package. This car seems to have everything but the car starter, auto hatch and sirius radio.

·
Registered
2021 Sportage S 2.4 FWD
289 Posts
Should be the same as earlier years

What model came with sirius? I'd consider a usb conversion and skip the hassle of an OE headunit. When I test drove the 2021's(LX/EX/S/turbo), only the turbo had that fancy radio with amplifiers, sirius, and excessive speaker count. So, to take a lesser model, and swap in all the "turbo" wiring/amps/speakers.... is just not worth the effort.

Just for example, as you should do your own research on equivalent, but here is a link for sirius:

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,511 Posts
Crutchfield so far has nothing for the 2021. Not sure what you mean by tech package. This car seems to have everything but the car starter, auto hatch and sirius radio.
Look at the Kia site... The tech package included a bunch of stuff including the Harmon Kardon head unit with Sirius and Nav:

EX Technology Package+$4,560
  • Includes:
  • UVO link w/ 8-inch Touch-Screen w/ Navigation, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio and Voice Recognition
  • Harman Kardon® Premium Surround Sound w/ Clari-Fi™, 320 Watts and 8 Speakers
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Parking Assist w/ Front & Rear Sensors
  • Compact Spare Tire (Replaces Tire Mobility Kit and removes Luggage Under Tray)
  • 8-Way Power-Adjustable Front Passenger Seat
  • Leather Seat Trim
  • Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/ HomeLink® and compass
  • Panoramic Sunroof w/ Power Sunshade
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • LED Interior Lighting
  • Wireless Phone Charger
  • Smart Cruise Control (SCC) w/ Stop & Go
  • Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) w/ Auto-Hold
All of this is also included in the SX. As someone else said, if the only thing you want is SiriusXM, then there are cheap add on units for that purpose.

There are bunches of options for your car in Crutchfield:

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sportage LX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look at the Kia site... The tech package included a bunch of stuff including the Harmon Kardon head unit with Sirius and Nav:

EX Technology Package+$4,560
  • Includes:
  • UVO link w/ 8-inch Touch-Screen w/ Navigation, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio and Voice Recognition
  • Harman Kardon® Premium Surround Sound w/ Clari-Fi™, 320 Watts and 8 Speakers
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Parking Assist w/ Front & Rear Sensors
  • Compact Spare Tire (Replaces Tire Mobility Kit and removes Luggage Under Tray)
  • 8-Way Power-Adjustable Front Passenger Seat
  • Leather Seat Trim
  • Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/ HomeLink® and compass
  • Panoramic Sunroof w/ Power Sunshade
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • LED Interior Lighting
  • Wireless Phone Charger
  • Smart Cruise Control (SCC) w/ Stop & Go
  • Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) w/ Auto-Hold
All of this is also included in the SX. As someone else said, if the only thing you want is SiriusXM, then there are cheap add on units for that purpose.

There are bunches of options for your car in Crutchfield:

Everytime I check their site it says out of stock. Gonna go with the USB option
KGSR-HY02_SXV300V1.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sportage LX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help. It got me back where I started. Should have known that would be the best option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts