Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an annoying problem. Got my phone plugged in and using Android auto. I'll have the radio playing (fm or sat). I'll get some navigation voice directions. While it's speaking I can hear the radio still playing in the background. But then after it's finished talking, the radio stops playing. It doesn't always happen though, but more often then not it does happen.

Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix it?

This is a 2019 Niro lx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem with radio/Sirius often stopping after nav speech

I'd love to hear from others experiencing the same problem. I have a 2019 Kia Niro LX; purchased on 5/17/19 and radio will cut out after navigation speech. It happens approx 2 out of every 5 times. I've only had the car two days and would love to know the fix. I'm using Android Auto/Google Maps along with Sirius Radio.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd love to hear from others experiencing the same problem. I have a 2019 Kia Niro LX; purchased on 5/17/19 and radio will cut out after navigation speech. It happens approx 2 out of every 5 times. I've only had the car two days and would love to know the fix. I'm using Android Auto/Google Maps along with Sirius Radio.
What phone are you using and what version of Android is on it? When my phone updated to Android 9 this problem went away for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What phone are you using and what version of Android is on it? When my phone updated to Android 9 this problem went away for me.
Merck - I have an Samsung S7 with Android 8. No plans for Samsung to upgrade the S7 to Android 9 so it looks I will be stuck with the issue. Darn!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got lucky, I have the next model, s8. You could probably find a used S8 relatively cheap. If I decide to upgrade mine I'll sell you my S8 😉

1 - 7 of 7 Posts