Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so awhile back I installed a radio in our 99 kia sportage. worked great till the vehicle was jump started then all there was static then nothing. Radio still worked but no noise from any speakers. I figured the radio was shot. Got another radio and same thing. So I started to look into the issue but cant figure it out. I hooked the radio up out of the vehicle and works fine. So is there something in the radio's system that controls the speakers? I have temp speakers hooked up in the kia and it works fine but I would like to have the normal speakers hooked up or I will have to rewire and poss. replace the speakers. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Speakers and associated wiring are rather immune to random currents. Is there some type of amplifier between the radio and the speakers which might have been busted by the jump-start?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speakers and associated wiring are rather immune to random currents. Is there some type of amplifier between the radio and the speakers which might have been busted by the jump-start?
Thats why I posted on here to see if anyone knew if there was or not. I plan to pull a door panel and see whats up with the speaker and maybe run new wires to that speaker to see if it works or not. I tried to trace the wires but they go everywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts