Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sportage LX 4WD (M/T)
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumped my Sportage, and now the radio isn't working. How do I get it to work? Does Kia radios require a code like Honda? It won't power on or anything. Replaced Fuses (Audio, Start, and Room Fuses). Is there a fuse to the power connector to the radio, that might of went out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem, and I note the lack of responses. The problem is not the 10amp fuse; did you ever get yours working again?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I was installing a Sony head unit and now I have the same issue.. 0 volts in the positive wire from the original radio connector.

Is there something that we can do to solve this? The fuse is OK and it's receiving 12 volts.

I'm thinking to get the positive from other source such the switch or the acc 12 volts.

·
Registered
06 Sportage/2012 Navara V6 TD
305 Posts
The stock head unit also has a fuze in the back of the actual unit. At least mine does - model Cadence ZCD-6704A.

If you can measure 12 volts on both sides of the various fuzes, then the problem is obviously not there. Power to the plug will that goes into the head unit will confirm the wiring is OK.

Attached is a copy of the wire diagram from www.kiatechinfo.com. There are actuallt three diagrams dependant upon the number of speakers/sub if you have it, but the diagram is essentially the same.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you tysindad,

the problem was a fuse. The radio has 2 fuses: 1 identify as radio, the other appears as a/v. In my case this last one was blown.

cheers

·
Registered
06 Sportage/2012 Navara V6 TD
305 Posts
Glad you got it fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts