Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else find the radio display brightness on the 2013 Soul 4U ANNOYINGLY bright? I have mine on NIGHT Mode and the brilliance set to the lowest setting and still find it annoyingly bright.

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I find it too bright, even on the lowest brightness setting, and the Console dimmed to the lowest

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
there is complete setting adjustments for the screen display as its not controlled by the rheostat only the intensity of the buttons.

You can set it to AUTO or daylight or night setting and also you can turn it off completely and just listen to the audio.

All this is covered in your UVO owners manual from page 19-21 to do the appropriate process.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did all that as the OP expressed.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
sorry, should have re-read your first posting when I found out it was the UVO system.

So why don't you just turn the screen off, if it bothers you that much you can still hear the music?
I checked mine, which doesn't seem to bother me and it was on the AUTO setting. I suppose you could buy some tinted plastic and cut it to fit and install it on the screen, something like what they use on cell phones.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, that's what I do, turn the screen off. Unfortunately, if I change the Station from the Steering Wheel, the bright screen come back on :-(

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
sorry but that's as much as I can suggest, your on your own. Don't keep changing the system at night then :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts