Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install an after market stereo on a 2007 Sorento LX and the installer says he could not complete it because the harness he brought does not fit and he called around and no one knows where he can get one. It's a Delco radio/CD player that comes stock with the Sorento. Apparently there is an amplifier that will not fit the harness. Any one out there have or had this problem and where can we get the parts? Help needed. Thank you.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sorento EX; 1995 Mercedes 500SL; 1995 Mazda Miata
37 Posts
why did you move this? what IS the correct forum for a 2007 sorento radio issue?

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sorento EX; 1995 Mercedes 500SL; 1995 Mazda Miata
37 Posts
The question is, this question is about a 2007 sorento US radio. I'm not on a UK forum, (although mayeb the moderator is English). So why was this question moved and to where? Seems simple enough.:eek:

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,833 Posts
The question is, this question is about a 2007 sorento US radio. I'm not on a UK forum, (although mayeb the moderator is English). So why was this question moved and to where? Seems simple enough.:eek:
Well obviously it was moved to here! (The Sorento Forum) Of course it's not a "UK" forum - noone suggested it was - its an international forum with members all over the world.

·
Registered
2007 EX Luxury Edition
145 Posts
Yes there is a factory amp and in order to use it you have to do one of two things: 1. Rerun wires to the speakers from the new head unit, or 2. get a device that will lower the output of the Aftermarket stereo unit so it wont short the amp. The name of the device escapes me at the moment, but as soon as I find it i will edit my post. Gee6, help me out here :confused:
here is the link to the forum that discusses the amp setup!! Hope it helps

http://www.sorentosite.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3077

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I moved it here to the Sorento Forum. I can remember where it was originally posted but it wasnt in the correct spot. Its no big deal.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
have you put this harness in your sorento? I have tried a couple of harnesses that said that they will fit the 07 and they didnt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is your factory radio fading from hi-fi sound to mono? Ours sounds bad just like the old analog radios would fade out to mono when getting far away from the stations. If that is as good as Kia can get we are putting an aftermarket in real soon.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Mine doesnt appear to fade out like yours but it is pretty crappy though. The radio in my wifes 07 Kia Rio is great. My 05 Spectra I traded in for the Sorento had the worse factory system I have ever seen. Another reason why I want to put a aftermarket system in is so I can hook my iPod controller up to it so I can plug in my iPod.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Uh no... it just lacks a AUX port. Why this is not Standard on any vehicle manufactured since at least 2006 is beyond me. How much would that cost? 50 cents per unit? I'd gladly have paid ten times that to have to replace the stupid headunit which (yes) otherwise works fine.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Yeah it does suck that there isnt a aux port. Glad it worked though. There is a bunch of us on sorentosite.com that have 07's that have been waiting for a harness. Thanks I will let them know. If you already havnt, stop by sorentosite.com check us out.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced the radio in my 07 sorento and used the 70-7302 and used a high to low level convertor for the amplifier input audio and it sounds great!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I replaced the radio in my 07 sorento and used the 70-7302 and used a high to low level convertor for the amplifier input audio and it sounds great!
Can you please give me details about the high->low level converter? Is this used when a headunit also has preamp outputs? Or only when the headunit has a built-in amp? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The high to low level convertor takes the speaker level output from the radio and reduces it to a preamp level that your factory amp needs. You could also cut some rca's and hardwire the cut ends to the speaker wires in the harness and plug them into the preamp outputs on back of your radio. Not sure if you will encounter any noise this way, but it is worth a shot. The convertor I used was the SVEN4 from peripheral electronics.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts