Kia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,290 Posts
Oh I see, I don't see a connection in rebooting to address the off issue. Unless it cannot be turned off by the radio control either.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,290 Posts
I hadn’t mentioned that we can turn the radio off with the control button.
Those buttons are soft buttons. (logic signals normally and not power interrupting type of the old days). Hence a signal is still missing to tell it to power down when the door opened and the engine is off. Thats the way I see it.

·
Registered
Sorento SX FWD 2015
584 Posts
Cant exactly say for a 2017 but in my 2015 SX it's controlled by the 'Leak Current Autocut Device' within the BCM. The audio and a few other devices (power windows, door locks, interior console lights) stay on till door is opened, OR for a fixed amount of time (5-10 mins ??) after the key is turned off. Dealer is the best option as they have correct schematics for your exact model, and can see if other devices on the circuit beyond the audio are working or not.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Cant exactly say for a 2017 but in my 2015 SX it's controlled by the 'Leak Current Autocut Device' within the BCM. The audio and a few other devices (power windows, door locks, interior console lights) stay on till door is opened, OR for a fixed amount of time (5-10 mins ??) after the key is turned off. Dealer is the best option as they have correct schematics for your exact model, and can see if other devices on the circuit beyond the audio are working or not.
Thanks. Dealership it is.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Cadenza premium FWD
14 Posts
On my 2016 ex the radio will shut off a few minutes after I turn off ignition . Even if I stay in without opening door. Take it to dealer if still under warranty.
my 2016 cadenza does the same sometimes i wish it would last longer eventually it goes off & that is with me inside but the car shut down. I am not sure about the door as i have never tested it but will next time. Nothing like wanting to finish my favorite song playing.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Sorento SXL
5 Posts
If the BCM thinks a door is still open, then you won't be able to lock the car, and you'll see the door ajar icon on the dash. Given that neither of these is happening, I really doubt it's in any way related to door detection.

The battery disconnect is a bit radical, but will probably work. There is a tiny hole in the face of the head unit designed for a gentle paper-clip reboot.
Where is the head unit and resetting does what. I carry a small ratchet and socket to reset my puter bc my lift gate on my 2018 Sorento sxl keeps acting up.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX 3.3 V6 FWD
25 Posts
An intriguing problem, but is it really a problem? Back in high school and college I intentionally rewired the radio in my cars so I could have it on regardless of whether the car electrics were on. (It was much nicer to have some music while watching submarine races.) You just have to remember to manually turn off the radio when you're done with it. If your radio is staying on when otherwise the car has been shut off, is there ANY indication of other electronics staying on which might drain the battery? If not, maybe this is not really a problem. (Not to belittle your annoyance with it.)

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
We had the door switched replaced at the dealership. $240.
We could haves continued shutting off the radio and headlights, but would rather have it work the way it was designed to.
Thanks for all of your suggestions.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,290 Posts
We had the door switched replaced at the dealership. $240.
We could haves continued shutting off the radio and headlights, but would rather have it work the way it was designed to.
Thanks for all of your suggestions.
So it was the switch after all. Where was it hidden?

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX V6 AWD, 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, 2002 Honda S2000
145 Posts
That's interesting... that we can't even figure out where the door switch is located in modern day cars... and we couldn't even check it ourselves let alone fix it! :D

Anyway, glad to hear it's sorted! Looking fwd to find out what it looks like and where it's located!

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,290 Posts
It maybe integrated with the door latch in the door but either way not near as easy as older vehicles.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXV6
15 Posts
Well here it is. Part #81320-C5010
MSRP $92.22 Canadian funds and one hour labour at $110. Plus HST.

It’s actually integrated into the door latch, so the latch system has to be replaced. I would send a photo, but I don’t see any way to do that

21 - 40 of 53 Posts