Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when we shut off the ignition and open the door of our 2017 Sorento SXV6, the radio stays on even when we close and lock the doors with no one in the car

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,290 Posts
Check you door activated lights work. On and off when you have closed the door. The switch triggers the change!

·
Registered
2016 sorento ex v6 awd wisconsin
119 Posts
On my 2016 ex the radio will shut off a few minutes after I turn off ignition . Even if I stay in without opening door. Take it to dealer if still under warranty.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On my 2016 ex the radio will shut off a few minutes after I turn off ignition . Even if I stay in without opening door. Take it to dealer if still under warranty.
Ours was the same, but now stays on continuously. 112000 kilometres, so out of warranty (of course it is)

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,290 Posts
Its either at the pillar or the hinged end of the door and have a rubber boot over them in newer vehicles. I haven't looked for it in my vehicles. Part site should show it.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,290 Posts
I was just out in mine. I don't see any switch on the door or body. They must have some internal sensor within the door. Cold now here and I wouldn't mess with plastic when cold as it breaks easily. A parts breakout is the only other method.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just out in mine. I don't see any switch on the door or body. They must have some internal sensor within the door. Cold now here and I wouldn't mess with plastic when cold as it breaks easily. A parts breakout is the only other method.
We’re probably going to have to call the dealership
Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
39 Posts
This happened once on our 2019 LX. I didn't want the battery to die so I disconnected the positive terminal from the battery. After I reconnected the battery, it has never happened again. I carried a crescent wrench in the front storage bin for 2 months just waiting for it to happen but it never did.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX V6 AWD, 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, 2002 Honda S2000
145 Posts
Yeah, could be a computer malfunction that simply needed a reboot? ;)

I have a 2017 SX too... hope I won't run into this problem... just chiming in to follow this thread... hope you get this resolved.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This happened once on our 2019 LX. I didn't want the battery to die so I disconnected the positive terminal from the battery. After I reconnected the battery, it has never happened again. I carried a crescent wrench in the front storage bin for 2 months just waiting for it to happen but it never did.
Thanks
I’ll try that today.
Do the interior lights come on and off as expected? If they do, then it may not be the switch.
I’ll disconnect the battery as suggested and see what we get after that
Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,995 Posts
If the BCM thinks a door is still open, then you won't be able to lock the car, and you'll see the door ajar icon on the dash. Given that neither of these is happening, I really doubt it's in any way related to door detection.

The battery disconnect is a bit radical, but will probably work. There is a tiny hole in the face of the head unit designed for a gentle paper-clip reboot.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,290 Posts
Yeah, shouldn't but for some reason some memory gets confused and has resolved others situation. No risk, negative off for 30-60 min should do it. Other than reprogramming the stereo and seat memory everything else is likely un affected. Oh the emission READY status is lost. I remember that on the hard way..

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,995 Posts
All the more reason to use the reset button on the radio to avoid clobbering settings and memory elsewhere around the vehicle. Heck, I'd do the audio fuses before I'd do that.

Example:

Font Gadget Office equipment Output device Screenshot

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,290 Posts
All the more reason to use the reset button on the radio to avoid clobbering settings and memory elsewhere around the vehicle. Heck, I'd do the audio fuses before I'd do that.

Example:

View attachment 121669
Is the info automatically stored during use to make this work? Now this is a really new thing for me.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts