Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I just recently bought an '06 Optima EX V6. When listening to the radio the stations are not coming in clear, and there's distortion. I popped in a CD, and it sounded nice and clear. I've been trying to Google the cause and/or problem, and I believe it's most likely related to the antenna. I have no clue where the antenna is located, or how to access it.

Anyone out there familiar with this, and could potentially help me figure this out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So figured out antenna is in the back glass.

Still no clue how to check if all the wires or what not are still connected. Radio just doesn't get a good signal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both AM and FM. FM is livable, there's just a constant static/distortion sound behind the music, and the "st" on the display will flicker on and off.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
yes it does sound like an antenna problem or possible amplifier give Cobra259 a P.M. and he will give you location of cable and amp he is a parts mgr at a kia dealership.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Problem with both AM and FM does indicate an antenna problem, quite possibly with the connector at the back of the radio or at the junction of the back glass antenna and the (probably coaxial) lead-in cable. (Pre)-amplifier problem would likely affect either AM or FM, but not both.

Almost any antenna will work with AM (provided there's a solid connection), but FM is more particular about the antenna, however a good FM signal will cope with a bad cable connection to some extent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts