Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Niro 2018
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Recently purchased a Niro 2018. Loving it so far. However, one really infuriating issue:

When my wife's iPhone is connected via bluetooth, and then she leaves the car (ex drop her off somewhere), the radio turns on. This is happening in other scenarios as well (I think when I unplug my iPhone cable from the car). I never ever turn on the radio. However, it has turned on by itself many many times. How can I stop this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Kia Niro Launch edition 2017
56 Posts
Here is my guess. if you are using audio features of the bluetooth connected device the head unit must be on to use calling features ... once the device is unpaired the head unit still on will simply pick up what ever radio station it was last on. we listen to a variety of Sat stations and we leave our headhunt on phone pairs and unpairs.

·
Registered
'15 SX, '19 Stinger GT2 AWD
1,103 Posts
It is default behavior, and extremely irritating. It's also why I use a USB flash drive for music. I don't have any presets programmed for the radio, but I tune it to a gap between stations with little to no noise, so that for the occasional times it does turn on, I just get a little static.

·
Registered
Niro 2018
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is default behaviour, and extremely irritating.
Well, default behaviour would be one thing, but I guess you are saying that it's hard-coded and can't be changed?

Pretty insane, if you ask me. Is this only on the Niro or other Kia models as well? I can't imagine most people would put up with it...

Good idea on tuning to static. I will do that for now. :)

·
Registered
2018 Kia Carnival Automatic
2 Posts
Yep. Have this exact same issue. Worst part is I have auditory processing disorder, which means sudden, unexpected sounds are very jarring, to the point of being extremely dangerous while I’m driving.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,130 Posts
Same exact issue with my 2012 Ford Edge....Bill Gates did the software for the Ford.
Bill has no clue how to supply correct, non corrupted software.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts