Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2000 Kia Carnival that all of sudden lost its memory on the radio and we now have reenter the radio's security code. Unfortunately, there was no manual supplied with the car when we bought it (used) and I have no idea what the code is. Does anyone know if there is a default code or how to get the code. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a manual for a '99 model - the one with separate radio/cassette and CD model No's;
OK55Y 66 860
OK55L 66 860
OK55D 66 860
3K55L 66 860
2K55D 66 860
3K55Y 66 860

Under "How to enter your password"
1. press power button & "Test" appears for 5 seconds, and blinks for 5 minutes. If you turn the power button off then back on again within 5 minutes "Code" blinks on the display.
2. enter password using the numbered buttons - press button 1 once to let it know it's the first digit, then press button 1 again however many times to bring up the code for the first digit. Press button 2 to let it know it's the second digit, then again however many times....etc. To enter default 1111 code, press button 1 twice,, 2 twice, 3 twice then 4 twice.
3. when all four digits entered (default is 1111) press SEL button and display should say "GOOD"
4.You get three goes, if still wrong after third attempt "HOLD" then you have to leave it for an hour

hope this helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great! Thanks for your help. Does your '99 manual also say how to actually change the code away from the default 1111 to something else?

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Be very careful with the codes because different markets have different radios in them!

Here in the UK we have VDO sytems in the later models and as roadrunnerges says the earlier models have a built in system!

·
Registered
'09 Kia Carnival, '10 Kia Grand Carnival
243 Posts
........and they also differ between year models. When our CD died Wifey took it to the Dealer whose Chief Mechanic brought out his little "pointer" to manually reset the stereo (on our Rio's stereo there's a tiny little hole through which you insert a tiny screwdriver & depress the reset button) only to find that our Carnis stereo didn't HAVE the reset hole! This was news to them. They'd changed it between '04 & '05. Oh well, order new stereo! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
does the radio have a white sticker on it and if so what is the number on that sticker.
if you can tell me that number i may be able to work out the code

·
Registered
2 Posts
gdprassem

I have just bought a Kia 2005 Carnival wagon model KVII :) I didn't have the code either.
I contacted the service department and was given the code :D , I did have to give Kia the VIN Number of the car so that they could check they were giving me the correct code.

I should mension at this time you only get 3 attempts to insert the correct code or else ::crying::

My Kia has a Mobis AM/FM/CD Player, Model No. HM3700
The code for this model is 1812

To enter this code look at the channel selection numbers on the front of the radio unit. they are
1 2 3
4 5 6

The first number of the code is 1, so push the number 1 button once, if the number other than 1 appears in the screen above keep pressing the number one until the it cycles through the numbers until number 1 appears.

The Second number of the code is 8, so keep pushing the number 2 button until 8 appears next to the first number in the code.

The Third number of the code is 1, so push the number 3 button once, if the number other than 1 appears in the screen above keep pressing the number one until the it cycles through the numbers until number 1 appears next to the second number in the code.

The Forth number of the code is 2, so keep pushing the number 4 button until 2 appears next to the third number in the code.

This means that the code should now show on the screen above as 1812

Now that is done, now press the number 5 button to accept the code.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,843 Posts
I contacted the service department and was given the code :D , I did have to give Kia the VIN Number of the car so that they could check they were giving me the correct code.
Guys, I’ve got a 2004 Sorento / this is the radio pulled out. Can anyone help with a code? Having no luck with dealers or Kia themselves
The answer is in the post directly above yours, as an anti-theft measure you need to present the VIN and proof of ownership for the Kia dealership to provide the code.

·
Registered
Sorento 2004 SE
3 Posts
Hi, I’ve tried contacting numerous dealers who are all saying they are unable to get that code. Was hoping someone online had a way of getting it with the photo I provided. The earlier theories on this post have not worked

1 - 16 of 16 Posts