Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sorento XE which came with a standard fit JVC Radio/CD player which I do not like, I find it a bit tacky compared to other players in previous cars which I have owned, I find the buttons small and fiddly, and find the fold down part to insert a cd a nuisence, Has anyone replaced their similar unit with something better and without the front having to fold down to change a cd. Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mike, the world is your oyster as it were. Depends on how much you wanna spend. One of the lads on another forum has done this which is a real nice job, good quality unit as well. Got everything on it, SatNav, DVD, CD lar lar lar. Or other than that just go with a better looking front single din unit with a multi-changer. I'm just about to bang the changer in that I took out my wifes previous motor. Won't read the MP3 so still gotta use the slot for those discs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Phil and D4 for advice, just another question, can I just replace the facia or do I have to replace the whole unit? Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Best give JVC an email on that one. I would say probably yes, with a JVC one of course. Seem to remember a faulty face off I had in a 405 back in 1991. They replaced the face and it was slightly different from the faulty one. A Pioneer though, not JVC. Agree with you , it does look very cheap and tacky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts