Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento 4 cyl FWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Kia Sorento 4cylinder non nav radio 90,000 miles.
After installing a fuse tap to power my dash cam I found that my radio was not working and the power locks only work when the car is running and the remote lock does not work with car on or off. The dash cam worked as it should. I removed the fuse tap and replaced the original fuse, no difference. I checked all the regular style 2 bladed fuses in the dashboard and under the hood and they are all good. The fuse that I tapped into is labeled "Power Outlet RR" and is a 15A fuse under the dashboard. I tried using a few different fuses under the dash and under the hood first but the fuse tap wouldn't fit in them because of the way the wire comes out of its side. As a result, I did cut power to a few things while trying to find a suitable fuse to use...one was the horn circuit another was the backup lights and I'm not sure what else. I'm not sure if I should remove the larger fuses/relays or how exactly to test them. I have a test light and a multi meter. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes....no change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hereby nominate myself for the "idiot of the day" award...I decided to recheck every fuse when I noticed the 15A fuse under the dash marked "Module" was missing. Whadda ya know....I stuck in a new fuse and everything's back to normal I don't remember removing it and I can't find the original fuse anywhere but I obviously am to blame as I was the only one there. Just a reminder...it doesn't hurt to recheck your work. Sorry for wasting your time...delete this thread if you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts