Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

I recently picked up an 02 sportage and its been great so far. However the radiator fan looks like it is going to fail soon, and i was wondering where to get a replacement without switching to an electric fan? (as trawling through the Internet have yielded nothing so far)
Cheers :)

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Have you tried Rock Auto . com. They should have what you need unless it a diesel.
The also ship over seas.
chief

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
If your just looking for the fan blade try Kia Parts . com, They show just the blade. Its not cheap.
Salvage yard or the dealer wood be in order. It looks like the went from a 4 bolt to a 6 bolt mount. A 1 or 2 year production run may account for the price.
Good luck in hunt.

chief

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I took a look Rock Auto, and they only sell the clutch.

The OEM factory fan blade and clutch are 1 piece. List price is $131.00, I could sell to you for $105.00 USA dollers. Shipping won't be cheap though. PM me if you want to buy.

·
Registered
2001 Sportage, FE DOHC Engine 5 SPD Manual Petrol
89 Posts
Just get a clutch from Autozone, or another parts store. Remove the 4/6 bolts from the blades (don't take blades out of shroud, and then remove the 4/6 bolts from the clutch. reverse procedure.

There's no point in paying more for the blades also.

I have to replace mine. Vehicle sounds like a Big Rig, and the fan doesn't spin freely by hand.

Think it was actually slowing me down going down hill today at about 45 mph.

·
Registered
2000 Sportage
31 Posts
Just took mine off for timing belt, and went ahead and got an electric to replace it. It is almost brand new, replaced as a recall about two months ago.

125 shipped.

·
Registered
96 Sporty, 83 rx7, 83 Celica gts, 78 f250, 00 beetle tdi
25 Posts
I removed my oem fan, filled the clutch area with jb weld, and threw a screw in to secure it further. no more clutch, hardly any noticeable engine noise from the solid fan, no power/mpg difference, and car runs significantly cooler, especially in low rpm/off road situations

1 - 9 of 9 Posts