Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into purchasing a radar detector for my sportage, but there are mixed reviews as to how they perform. Anyone have one that performs well and has saved them from getting a ticket in a speed trap in the city or on a freeway.

Thanks.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I had one once but it died. I had it for years. Its was the Radio Shack brand. It did save me a few times on the interstate. But there was this one time I was on a back country road and the detector when off but it was too late becasue I met a cop right on a corner. Other than that one time it never let me down.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by draftycompguy@Oct 29 2005, 09:36 PM
I'm looking into purchasing a radar detector for my sportage, but there are mixed reviews as to how they perform. Anyone have one that performs well and has saved them from getting a ticket in a speed trap in the city or on a freeway.
Thanks.
Depends on the brand and what frequencies it detects.. the cheap-o brands will detect any automatic door opener.. LMAO funny to watch that happen.. so STAY AWAY from those.. if you REALLY need a radar detector.. then make sure it's a good one.. do you homework on it.. it IS an investment.. on you, your car, and you MONEY! Oh btw, for those of you who are planning on buying and or currently OWN one.. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT DRIVE IT WITH IN VIRGINIA... ANY WHERE IN VIRGINIA.. IT'S NOT ONLY ILLIGAL TO SELL IN THE STATE OF VIRGINIA BUT IT IS ILLIGAL TO OWN ONE! YOU WILL BE TICKETED HEAVILY FOR IT!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts