Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD black/black
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought my Sorento in October of 2011, I've taken it to the dealer once for repair; the latch on the passenger's side 2nd row seat refused to unlatch after the seat was down. The tech said it was jammed because there was something too heavy sitting on it. I had recently transported some cargo- nothing I felt was really very heavy, but ok. I've taken pains recently to only put lighter things on those seats when they are folded down. So far no problems.

Other than that, nothing major. Everything works. Some strange things though. One is the radio. Sometimes it has a mind of its own! Twice in the last year it's decided to change from one mode to the next one on its own. Like from XM1 to XM2, or FM1 to FM2, that kinda thing.

After the trial period, I decided to subscribe to SiriusXM. I hardly ever listen to AM/FM anymore. I love it, but the gaps in play really tick me off! It almost happens for a few seconds every song, or at least it feels that way. It's probably more like every three or four songs, but every time it happens, and I look at the radio and it says "Acquiring Signal", it makes me mad! And it's not like I'm in some major city with sky scrapers, if that even would be an issue (like it sometimes is for GPS). I live in Oakland, CA. Still, I can't live without my 80's on 8 or Firstwave 80's!

My really like the Kia Sorento a lot, it still looks great, functions well, and does the job.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Nice to hear you like your Sorento! I regret not getting an SX. I do see myself getting into a '14 within the next few years.

I only listen to SiriusXM aswell. The sound quality with the base 6 speaker system does suck, but regardless I prefer it over FM anyday. The signal in my '10 Sonata doesn't cutout when driving under bridges nearly as bad as the Sorento does. Poor satellite reception is very common on these things.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI
171 Posts
I had bad reception for satellite and new it shouldn't be like that since I had it for 5 years prior...So do what I did:

Take it to the dealer and have them do a drive with you to display that it loses signal or cuts out...I had that problem and the tech swapped out some things from cars on the lot (not the receiver though) and decided it was probably the antenna. They ordered the antenna, couple weeks later, I had a new antenna and no more issues with reception on Sat radio. Although, it did erase all my stored addresses in the Nav part, and today it wouldn't allow me to answer an incoming call

1 - 3 of 3 Posts