Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Overall diameter of tyres are almost identical, so no worries on that account. You need to check the wheel offset to ensure there's enough suspension clearance.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overall diameter of tyres are almost identical, so no worries on that account. You need to check the wheel offset to ensure there's enough suspension clearance.
Ive got 235's on it now and am going to a 255. I thought the overall size of the tire was bigger? It's the same size rim.

I will have to double check offset and stuff like that though forsure.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
Try this tire size calculator

Tire size calculator

The new tire size (diameter) is almost perfect, it is 1/10 of an inch taller, no problem.

You just need to check the clearance, & offset.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try this tire size calculator

Tire size calculator

The new tire size (diameter) is almost perfect, it is 1/10 of an inch taller, no problem.

You just need to check the clearance, & offset.
Sounds good! Thanks for the info!

I am going to head out there either tomorrow or Sunday and am going to pick them up.

Guy mentioned he had a heated garage that I can use to test fit them. Sounds good to me. He actually had them on his Jeep. They originally came off of a Dodge Magnum.

For $550 you can't really go wrong, right?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Sounds like it's a done deal. Just have a close look at clearances before and after fitting.

235/60 tyre height = 141.0 mm
255/55 tyre height = 141.3 mm Difference is slightly more than gnat's dick.

-Good luck.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bam! Winter mode activated. What a difference compared to the stock Kuhmos. I think these looks pretty spiffy for winter tires/rims. They do stick a little out of the fenders but it's not too bad. Thoughts?

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
767 Posts
Not sure if that's going to be an issue but they look sweet! Great price for the set. Winter tires will be safer too.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure if that's going to be an issue but they look sweet! Great price for the set. Winter tires will be safer too.
Yeah, I managed to get them for $500. Even installed them for me. The Kia centrecaps fit too so it looks somewhat factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts