Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT-edition CRDI 2.0 -16 // Volkswagen Passat 4-motion -17
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...this is getting ridiculus...but now the generator is broken on my ceed...

will not go in to details but i have i a quick question.

Does the 1.6CRDI have the same generator as the 2.0CRDI?

The 1.6 CRDI has this one:
Valeo 120 A TG12C090
373002A600

Cant find the specs for the 2.0CRDI

Anyone? need to get a new one.

(edit: is it alternator in english? in swedish its a generator)

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
It is alternator in Serbian as well :)

The 1.6 CRDi is different than 2.0 CRDi, they aren't interchangeable.

I don't have the model numbers unfortunately.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It probably is covered in the 7 year warranty. But it still does not answer the question i asked.

(It´s a long story and fight between me and the ultimate budget/crap car maker Kia...i lost...)

·
Registered
725 Posts
You could have gotten the exact part numbers by calling KIA and asking for the alternator for 2.0 CRDI. They would ask for your car's chassis number and would have told you the price and the part number.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Nikola!

I actually tried that. I called two KIA dealers and got nothing. First one could not find the part in the computer at all. The second one did not want to help me when i explained that i did not want to buy an alternator just wanted do know the part numbers (yea i know, stupid of me but i thought that they would help me). I gave up since i don´t have all day calling incompetent dealers.

I know i´m quite negative about the Kia Ceed and i have good reason to since my car has had more problems in the last two years that ALL of my previous cars has had together...

But that is not the question in the topic :)

All i want to know is if i can use the 1.6crdi alternator in my 2.0crdi nothing else.

·
Registered
KIA Pro_cee'd 1.6 CRDi -11
94 Posts
What kind of dealers are you ..uh.. dealing with?
I've had contact with two dealers, TB Bil i Nörrköping och Bilbörsen i Linköping, both are very helpful and of course they can get the alternator part number. It should be fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
725 Posts
@Hybenos

you definitely can't put a 1.6 alternator to 2.0. They are quite different.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What kind of dealers are you ..uh.. dealing with?
I've had contact with two dealers, TB Bil i Nörrköping och Bilbörsen i Linköping, both are very helpful and of course they can get the alternator part number. It should be fixed under warranty.
Well as i said i do not have the warranty left. Its been a struggle with KIA and i lost after a long fight about one service missed by 3 months. The KIA has had so many problems in the past (ABS malfunction, ACC malfunction, Stereo malfunction, fans malfunction etc etc) and now the generator actually fried the cables and melted the plastic...this is just the malfunctions and don´t get me started on the construction (rock hard dampers, bad stereo reception, rust on the inside etc..). This is by far the worst car i have ever had over all and i just wish to repair this last part and sell it and get a proper car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks for all the answers. I had some time to cross reference the numbers on the alternators today.

The alternator i need has the following numbers:
37300-27021
02131-9262
Guessing 120Amp

I also found out that is is the same alternator in a Carens and Hyundai I30.

FrEaKZoIdE: I cannot find my numbers in the cross reference on ebay
HYUNDAI 3730027010
HYUNDAI 3730027011
HYUNDAI 3730027012
HYUNDAI 3730027013
HYUNDAI 3730027030
HYUNDAI 3730027031

the picture in the adds does not show the connections and i have asked the seller if its fits. I will get back to you on this one. 99 pounds is a good price. a new one is very expensive (800£) and a used one about 250 in sweden. Seems like mine has oil cooling and the one in the picture has no oil cooling.

edit: realized that it was a exchange service...

My alternator looks like this one:
http://www.bildelsbasen.se/global/images/image.php?src=/mnt/newftp/35/bil/lgnr/286949_2.jpg

http://www.bildelsbasen.se/global/i...ewftp/35/bil/lgnr/286949_1.jpg&width=&height=

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been in contact with the ebay sellers and it is not for the 2.0CRDI

·
Registered
7 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. Im looking for the extended fault code set for the ceed (2010 u2 diesel). Do you have access to a complete set of obd2 /eobd codes?

·
Registered
Ceed SW 1.6 LX Fresh
149 Posts
The alternator can be repaired at any car electrician, or bought in car parts shop.

Alternators are all the same - producing 12 volts to fill up the battery, the only two differences between them are the connector that can be adjusted and fitting to the engine. Power they produce is not of great importance, because 20-30 Amp is not a big deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts