Kia Forum banner
121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Yo moderator or kia-furms.com ... I started this thread and get updates on lots of threads but not this one. Strange!

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
911 Posts
Try clicking on the Follow button on the upper right of the page.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige Xline, Aruba Green Ext/Rust Int
59 Posts
I know this is just a minor thing and likely with all newer Kias, just kind of funny... The Nav & Alerts system always says "feets" instead of feet. Like "Speed Camera in 300 feets" "Your destination is on the left in 25 feets" for example. I do not recall it doing that prior to the latest Nav/Uvo update but maybe I just didn't notice.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige FWD in Everlasting Silver
41 Posts
Here’s a new annoyance I just discovered. The door locks.
I was waking by my car in the driveway and noticed that my doors were unlocked (folding mirrors weren’t folded in. I opened the door and pressed the lock button, but it wouldn’t lock. I didn’t have my key fob on me, so I had to go into the house, get the fob and lock the door with the button.
Question: is that some stupid “safety measure” to ensure keys aren’t locked in the car? The door lock buttons work when the car is on, but no other time. Or is there a setting somewhere that would let me lock the car with the inside lock button?
im sure it’s designed to not be able to lock without the keyfob on the outside of the car. You can’t really lock yourself in - the keyfob won’t let you.
Weird thing is if I get in the car with or without the key fob in my pocket and shut the door, the interior door lock will work just fine. Everyone I’ve spoken to with different vehicles (Toyota, Hyundai, etc) with smart keys - the interior lock button functions as expected. Open the door, press the interior lock button, shut the door - car is locked.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line (Canadian Spec) - Aruba Stone Green
59 Posts
Came across my first quibble with my Sorento today. While giving it its first wash, I realized that you can't lift the windshield wipers up while the hood is down.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line (Canadian Spec) - Aruba Stone Green
59 Posts
Nice, isn't a big deal or anything, just an annoyance that I noticed when trying to lift the wipers to wash the windshield. At some point, anyone that asks someone else to replace the wipers is likely going to chip the paint on the hood because I've never encountered a car that wouldn't let you lift the wipers in a special way.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento SX Prestige 2021
132 Posts
^ you can. You just have to run a 7-step process. Should be a sticker on your windshield, upper left corner. this car just has so many stupid things that’s built into its design im really starting to actually hate it. That’s on top of the decontenting.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige Xline, Aruba Green Ext/Rust Int
59 Posts
^ you can. You just have to run a 7-step process. Should be a sticker on your windshield, upper left corner. this car just has so many stupid things that’s built into its design im really starting to actually hate it. That’s on top of the decontenting.
What other stupid things? I know it sounds like I am trying to be a smartass but I am not actually. I am curious as to what else. I know the wiper thing is a pain in the ass for sure.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige FWD in Everlasting Silver
41 Posts
What other stupid things? I know it sounds like I am trying to be a smartass but I am not actually. I am curious as to what else. I know the wiper thing is a pain in the ass for sure.
Let’s see…
1. You can’t set radio/Sirius XM presets in your preferred order - they can only be set in ascending chronological order. UI looks cool, but really not practical.
2. You can’t manually lock your doors with the interior door lock button.
3. Road and wind noise at highway speed is almost unbearable.
4. No memory seats or sunglasses holder on top trim
5. Cheap hood bar instead of struts like other vehicles in this class.
I’ve had my SX Prestige for a month and 1,200 miles and am already looking forward to getting rid of it in a year once the market calms down.
6. No Homelink rear view mirror.

·
Registered
21 Sorento X-Line
24 Posts
Auto folding mirrors are nice.... When you lock and unlock the car. But can anyone explain why the have to auto fold every time I walk near the car with the key?

So I park in my garage overnight with low gas. The uvo app then tells me this every 3 minutes!

I set the GPS nav for home and get there. Great, but then the uvo app asks me if I want to continue my programmed route. Hey uvo, Assume I don't, you know I'm not even in the car!

If you turn off the car without putting it in park ( yes, I know you shouldn't do that) the car goes into some strange software trap and can't detect the key in the car.

All over the above can be fixed in software.

Other than that I love the car.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
467 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
well with Ida going on in the US, there’s a lot of flooding. I thought my X line with the 1 inch additional height could get through this amount of water. It didn’t. it stalled after a few minutes. A freakin Rav4 drove by me effortlessly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
61 Posts
well with Ida going on in the US, there’s a lot of flooding. I thought my X line with the 1 inch additional height could get through this amount of water. It didn’t. it stalled after a few minutes. A freakin Rav4 drove by me effortlessly.
Wow.
I cant beleive it.
Any idea what caused the stall?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think I got too much water in there (I’m not trying to be funny, I mean other cars drovd through it as well and made it). I’m just salty about this car. Along with all the other annoyances, last night really topped it. I guess it’s not as adventurous as it’s advertised. I followed a trail of other SUVs going into my street. You drive, it splashes on either side, but at no time did it ever reach even the top of the wheel. When I got to the top of the entrance into my complex (that’s why you see an incline) it ran out of juice. When I got out of the car only to find the water was half calf deep, about 10 inches, I was livid. All the other cars had to drive around me.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
293 Posts
I think I got too much water in there (I’m not trying to be funny, I mean other cars drovd through it as well and made it). I’m just salty about this car. Along with all the other annoyances, last night really topped it. I guess it’s not as adventurous as it’s advertised. I followed a trail of other SUVs going into my street. You drive, it splashes on either side, but at no time did it ever reach even the top of the wheel. When I got to the top of the entrance into my complex (that’s why you see an incline) it ran out of juice. When I got out of the car only to find the water was half calf deep, about 10 inches, I was livid. All the other cars had to drive around me.
Strange, since the air intake is up near the headlight. What ended up happening? Did it eventually start and drive normally?

·
Registered
132 Posts
i suspect since the other cars (it was a trail) were splashing too that it was their back splashes that got me. I attempted to re-start this morning now that the flood waters have drained but no dice. ill keep trying periodically as the sun gets out and hopefully dries it

121 - 140 of 180 Posts