Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our Amanta about three weeks. I have a couple of questions I could use some help with.

I have the mirrors with the memory buttons, sometime for no reason the mirrors mainly the right will be set wrong. When we hit the memory that we have it set on it will go back to the right position. The problem with this is if you don't notice it when you start out you have to stop to reset them.

My second question is there is no warning bell if the passenger seat belt is not hooked up. Should there be one?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi! I hope you are enjoying your new Amanti! After you adjust your right mirror, place the little switch in the center of the mirror selector buttons to the middle. This will prevent the mirror from moving down when you put the transmission in reverse (maybe it's getting stuck?). Also, you should be able to adjust your right mirror without having to stop the car if the mirror is out of position. If the problem persists, or you do want the right mirror to flip down for safety/parking reasons when backing up, I would recommend that you let your dealer fix this under warranty.

As far as the passenger seat belt goes, the warning chimes will not chime for them. Only the driver is warned. I think most cars are built this way.

-P

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tgear thanks for the reply. The problem I have with the mirrors is not the moving down when in reverse. The problem I have is I have the mirrors set right no problems can drive all over town. Park the car over night start the car the next morning & the mirrors are out of adjustment hit the memory button & they go back the way they should be. I hope this explains my problem better then I did in my first post.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pop,
The solution to your mirror problem may be as simple as resetting the memory setting on your key pad. It sounds like it has different settings assigned to it than the memory setting in the on-door buttons. To test this, simply put everything where you want it then hit the unlock button on your keypad (not on the door). If the mirror moves to a new position, you've found your problem. To re-set the keypad, start your car and hit the on-door memory setting to put everything where you want it. Turn your car off and remove the key from the ignition. Hit the lock button on your key pad (not the door) TWICE. Then hit the unlock button on your key pad. Your keypad memory settings will now match your on-door memory settings, and your mirrors should behave from now on!

tawfoster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts