Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that a Kia Sorento would be nice purchase?
All I know is that a Kia Sorento's transmission is 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive and special Sportmatic features.
What other specific things I'll get if I buy this car?
Where can I find a good dealer in Denver?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2003 Honda S2000
183 Posts
In summary: I think you will find the responses to posts almost always directly correlate to the amount of effort that went into them. The information you asked for is available in tons of places if you spent 15 minutes searching you would easily find. If you run across something specific you have a question on or can't find then you'll probably get more useful responses. Good luck.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento, Suzuki V-Strom
506 Posts
Check Yelp or Google+ for Denver dealer comments. Start a new thread asking about Denver dealers. I only looked at this thread to find out what someone meant by "parameters."

What do you want in a car? The Sorento is quite good at what it is...very reasonably price, highly reliable but not perfect, mid sized light duty SUV. Or CUV crossover utility vehicle. It is not the most economical for gas, but certainly OK for its size. It is not a good tow vehicle, but OK for towing within its limits. It is all wheel drive when its computer tells it to be and front wheel drive the rest of the time. The standard Kumho KL21 all season tires are not very good in snow and merely OK otherwise. We've had ours three weeks and still glad we bought it. My wife wishes we'd bought something smaller and thriftier but this one OK. I'm glad we got this size. What do you want in a car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Frankly speaking I was impressed with this vehicle. A Kia Sorento has a LX V6 that comes with a super powerful 3.5 liter engine. Its basic engine can generate as much as 175 horsepower at 6,000 rpm.
The main advantage is that it has a Downhill Brake Control. It helps you to drive the Sorento down steep inclines without ruining your brakes. Traction control balances and slows your car on slick winter roads.
Check out kiasorentodenver.com - they are reliable and offer Kia vehicles at reasonable rates.
Think that black-colored one would be a great choice.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
I believe the V6 Awd Sorento can tow up to 3500 lbs. More than most of its classmates. If towing or heavy passenger/loads are in your future, consider only the AWD V6. Obvious reasoons for AWD and the V6 has the torque and HP to run. Under load, gives better mileage than either 4cyls.:)

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
Frankly speaking I was impressed with this vehicle. A Kia Sorento has a LX V6 that comes with a super powerful 3.5 liter engine.
Traction control balances and slows your car on slick winter roads.
Actually traction control has nothing to do with slowing. Slowing would be done by ABS and or engine braking, ESC would kick in if you started going sideways.:D From what I understand and I could be wrong is that TC cuts power to your wheels when it starts sensing that your wheels are spinning to quickly, to help regain traction.

I agree about the V6 I love mine!
Bright silver V6 is the way to go..:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
TC cuts power by either cutting engine power, or by braking the individual wheel, or a combination of both.

If anything, traction control speeds you up because it's used only when you're mashing your foot on the gas. ABS, however, is all about slowing you down.

ESC is about keeping the roof in the air and the tires on the ground :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts