Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a Kia RIO 2006 {56} CRDI gs 1.5 all is good soo far.

I have noticed this vehicle doesnt come with remote central locking, and strangely doesnt have a engine temperature meter like most cars.

When i turn the vehicle over i get a llight BLUE temperature light which turns off after driving for about 2-3 minutes or more. There's also a RED Temperature light that appears as part of the test when turning the key.

What i dont know is what the Engine temperature is! theres NO needle with a guage..

also noticed that when i purchased the vehicle i had only 1 Key. Isnt there a remote central locking fob for thesE?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,960 Posts
With it being a CRDI (diesel) the blue light is probably indicating the engine temp being cold and not real efficient at that time...I'm not real fond of "idiot" lights that come on only when a problem is near... I added an oil pressure gauge in place of the "light" on my 06 Spectra to go with the OEM water and Tach gauges...I feel safer knowing the oil pressure.
A low end RIO may not have central locking or a lock/alarm fob.
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With it being a CRDI (diesel) the blue light is probably indicating the engine temp being cold and not real efficient at that time...I'm not real fond of "idiot" lights that come on only when a problem is near... I added an oil pressure gauge in place of the "light" on my 06 Spectra to go with the OEM water and Tach gauges...I feel safer knowing the oil pressure.
A low end RIO may not have central locking or a lock/alarm fob.
Dave
Cheers for the reply.

I have 1 more question to ask, Im pretty sure my rio switched the lights off automatically If i parked and opened the door with the keys out of the ignition first. Is there an option on turning this on or off somehow cause that seems to not work anymore

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.