Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my amanti i do not have the info screen in the dash, in its place is a rather nice looking analog clock (guess i didnt get the upgrade package), anyhow my question is this. Is that clock supposed to be illuminated when the headlights are turned on? because now it isnt, and it kinda makes it useless at night.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't have the clock, but over here, the Opirus is a very popular car. I've seen many on the streeet passing by at night, and I've seen the clock illuminated in green. Same color as the climate control.
I doubt that the Amanti will lose the illumination in the transition to the US.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welp, I got confirmation, actually i went ahead and took the dash apart, which was suprisingly easy. anyhow the clock has four led lights in it, and i noticed that my particular clock also contained a VERY burned resistor, this most likely explains why the clock is not illuminated. so come monday i'm gonna go to the dealer and ask them if they can just swap me clocks, and i will install it myself. I remember reading a post from someone here that said they were employed by Kia. my question there is this, will they do that? or because of warranty concerns will they make me schedule an appointment sometime next year to let them do it? Kia dealerships here are notoriously busy ALL THE TIME. and it would just be easier for me timewise to make the repair myself.

·
Registered
134 Posts
:haha: swap clocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I don't think so!!!! and where do you expect to swap out this clock????the dealer is not going to pull it out of a new Amanti and I'll bet you dollars to donuts that he has not got one in stock....so why not put it back together and see if the dealer will cover it under warranty or just bite the bullet and order a new one yourself...................keep us infromed.......rayray :57:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya yer right, sounded like a good idea when it was in my mind, started to doubt it a bit as i was writing it, then i read it and thought "man thats dumb" then got your post and it just confirmed everything :D anyhow, i made an appt for next monday.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!! i dunno bout everyone else but its heck getting an appt here in So Cal. so theyre gonna fix the clock, the knock sound im getting from the passenger side suspension, and the fact that the radio picks up 0 am stations.

(like to listen to the talk radio on the way into work)

:grin:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, they fixed the strut issue, fixed the radio issue, I was actually very impressed with them on the radio, they went around the lot to the other amantis and checked how many am stations that they were recieving. they then worked on my radio, replacing it a couple times till i was recieving the same number of am stations that the others were. the dash clock is on order and will be installed next monday. they even washed the car after they were done with the service. I will say this, the kia service is second to none, and i was totally satisfied with the outcome. :D

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok clock is fixed now, it has the same nice greenish glow as the gauge cluster, only problem is... when they replaced the clock the tech screwed up the vertical airflow knob on the vent directly to the left of the clock, I didnt notice this till i got home. so i called the dealer, and told the service manager, he said "I'll do anything you want" so I said "I want a set of 20" rims, and nice tires to match" he didnt find this as humorous as I did, so we agreed i would come back today and he would get someone to fix it right then and there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good to hear your Kia's clock and radio are fixed.
Nice try on the 20" rims ;)

By the way, after installing a zillion rim on my car, I found out - IMHO - that the best looking rims would be machined 18" rim (halfway between flat silver and chrome).

I have the Audi-like ones, with 245/45 R18 Yokohama AVS dB tires: super quite with excellent grip (Traction A, Temperature AA).
I'm having an ultra-quite ride and loving every minute of it :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts