Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance!

I have a 2012 Sorento, can someone upload a clear photo of the exact location of the vertical adjustment screw for the (low beam) headlights?

And, tell me which way to turn it in order to raise the beam?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
clockwise to make it go up
location - there is only one screw for both. At least in all cars I have seen with separate beams, but common mirror. and there is only one screw that can be accessed.
The horizontal one is covered.

Look for a little opening from the top of the headlight assembly towards its back. Somewhere in the middle, most likely between the beams. As far as I know it is in the part of high beam. You may need to use a long Phillips type screw driver to reach it. The cap/top (not head) part of the screw has "teeth" which are driven by the screw driver.

Eventually, if you can access it from the back you could use 12 mm socket or a little Phillips.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra,2008 Impala LT
98 Posts
Recently adjusted mine up,turned the screw counter-clockwise.The screw is white plastic at the top of the headlite housing.If you look at the washer fluid reservoir filler tube on the passenger side you can see the white phillips head screw just an inch or so away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recently adjusted mine up,turned the screw counter-clockwise.The screw is white plastic at the top of the headlite housing.If you look at the washer fluid reservoir filler tube on the passenger side you can see the white phillips head screw just an inch or so away.
Thanks all. I can confirm on my 2012 Sorento SX, counterclockwise is what makes the beams go higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts