Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a few questions about KIA's performance, durability, and engine life. My mother is looking into a new car and KIA is one of her options. I have always been one who needs to know everything about whatever I am buying. Although I am not buying one, my mother is on the top of the list for things I look after. I do not want her to buy something that will not last the value of its life. So my questions are: What are the average miles when KIA's start to need repairs? Have there been many important recalls on engine life, saftey, misc.? Is the new SUV worth its MSRP?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
10 Posts
Hi,
What model of Kia is it that you or your mother thinking of buying ? Is it the Sorento or the new Sportage SUV that you are asking about ? I don't think there is a general milage that Kias will need repairs, it would be down to particular models and whether you own the car from new, whether it's a diesel or petrol etc etc.
Eugene :blink:

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,116 Posts
Originally posted by 02MustangGT@Oct 23 2004, 07:22 PM
Have a few questions about KIA's performance, durability, and engine life. My mother is looking into a new car and KIA is one of her options. I have always been one who needs to know everything about whatever I am buying. Although I am not buying one, my mother is on the top of the list for things I look after. I do not want her to buy something that will not last the value of its life. So my questions are: What are the average miles when KIA's start to need repairs? Have there been many important recalls on engine life, saftey, misc.? Is the new SUV worth its MSRP?

Thanks.

well mileage wise i can tell you I have 117,000 miles only done the routine matinence so far no problems. I had to replace alt but that was easy and cheap.
My car is driven rough. goes to the track in summertime, sees high speeds often. all is great. only complait in my car (1999 kia sephia) is the cheap materials used in the inside. But from what Ive seen kia has gone the extra mile in the newer models.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
You're doing the right thing looking into Kia carefully. Mine is a lemon and has given me trouble since day one, BUT...... I love the driver/passenger comfort and the way it handles on the road. It drives like a dream (when its going that is ). Since buying my Kia in 99, Ive had so many speeding fines that I have no points left & Im on a good behaviour bond. The car can FLY!!! :D I really love the look of the Mentors too, that's what made me buy it in the first place. I love my Kia....I just hate the fact that its has quite a few mechanical hiccups & is built so darn flimsy inside and out.
Knucklehead (Jo)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts