Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 KIA Soul+ MT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quarter Panel Not Level With Hood

Just bought a new Soul, overall very pleased with things so far quality-wise, especially given the price point of the car. However, I noticed the front quarter panel on the driver side is not level with the hood. More specifically, it starts out level near the windshield and the further it gets toward the headlight it begins to raise. Not by much but it is annoying as you are looking right over it while driving and can see the panel and hood are uneven.

Any idea if this iis something that I could adjust? It looks like the the quarter panel is not quite aligned right under the headlight where it meets the bumper. I'm just wondering if there are some screws I could loosen and re-tighten to potentially get the panel to settle right. I'd say it is raised by about 1/8" inch, just enough to be visually annoying. :D

OR...maybe this is normal (so to speak). If a few fellow Soul owners could take mental note and remember to glance at their quarter panel next time driving, I'd appreciate it.

*Update* Could it be the hood is not level, drooping a hair on the front passenger side? Hmmm...maybe a rubber stopper or something else. Front of the hood appears level though when looking at the chrome grill that meets the hood edge. Then again, they may have aligned that using the edge of the hood, so that may not be a good indicator.

Sonic

·
Registered
2013 KIA Soul+ MT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank u sir!

I already took your advice and leveled it by adjusting the rubber stopper. I am however wondering if that might introduce any bad side effects since the stopper on one side of the vehicle is now about 3/8" higher than the other side. Granted, I only added about half as much extra over what was already there, I just hope it isn't going to warp or do something else weird to the hood.

Out of curiosity, is there some standard "procedure" that should be followed for leveling a hood??

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
Thank u sir!

I already took your advice and leveled it by adjusting the rubber stopper. I am however wondering if that might introduce any bad side effects since the stopper on one side of the vehicle is now about 3/8" higher than the other side. Granted, I only added about half as much extra over what was already there, I just hope it isn't going to warp or do something else weird to the hood.

Out of curiosity, is there some standard "procedure" that should be followed for leveling a hood??
paragraph one - no
paragraph two - you just did it :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts