Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L GDI V6 - FWD (Sparkling Silver)
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much going on other than being locked up in quarantine, decided to give the Sorento a well needed spa day to kill time.

How did you spend your day? Doing any car work today?

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,454 Posts
LOL...Never seen so much suds covering a vehicle! I hope it all rinses off before drying out in that Fla. sunshine....
We are opening back up SLOWLY here in Western NY, but still too risky and "rules to follow" to go out and about with the wife on our 34th anniversary TODAY. Will go out a bit later and get Pizza and BUFFALO Chicken Wings for dinner AT HOME, and watch a movie on the "tube".
No car work today, INSTEAD had to open up a clogged drain line in the house for our washing machine....what a mess this morning! :(

Reactions: Superfat_dad

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL...Never seen so much suds covering a vehicle! I hope it all rinses off before drying out in that Fla. sunshine....
We are opening back up SLOWLY here in Western NY, but still too risky and "rules to follow" to go out and about with the wife on our 34th anniversary TODAY. Will go out a bit later and get Pizza and BUFFALO Chicken Wings for dinner AT HOME, and watch a movie on the "tube".
No car work today, INSTEAD had to open up a clogged drain line in the house for our washing machine....what a mess this morning! :(
Heyyy HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! wishing you guys many many more healthy anniversaries to come

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, having to wake up to a drain job is no fun. But at least you got it out of the way. (i have a few things around the house needing work and I've honestly been procrastinating)

Enjoy your special dinner my friend, and please stay safe.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
19 Posts
My Sorento is sitting safely in the garage. It is already 96 F heading to 108 F her in the Central Valley of California. Not going outside. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Sorento is sitting safely in the garage. It is already 96 F heading to 108 F her in the Central Valley of California. Not going outside. :)
I don't blame you one bit

That is very hot to be doing anything else other than staying indoors

·
Registered
'19 Sorento S V6 AWD in Snow White, 2021 Seltos SX turbo AWD
236 Posts
Hey Tim, looks more like it was in an ice storm 😄

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tim, looks more like it was in an ice storm 😄
LOL Wheels, you're right it sure does

I used the foam cannon that I had laying around in the garage waiting to be used.

With the basket attached it's impossible to drive into the carwash tunnel even though I have a monthly membership there, I don't want to remove the basket now because I will be using it later this week to haul the kids' strollers up to the farm in Central Florida, about 3.5 hrs away.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
560 Posts
LOL Wheels, you're right it sure does

I used the foam cannon that I had laying around in the garage waiting to be used.

With the basket attached it's impossible to drive into the carwash tunnel even though I have a monthly membership there, I don't want to remove the basket now because I will be using it later this week to haul the kids' strollers up to the farm in Central Florida, about 3.5 hrs away.
Tim,
Can you tell me the name of the foam cannon you have? You must have some really soft water to create those kind of suds - our is so hard that it takes 1/4 bottle of concentrated car wash to get very mild sudsing, maybe a foam cannon would help.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tim,
Can you tell me the name of the foam cannon you have? You must have some really soft water to create those kind of suds - our is so hard that it takes 1/4 bottle of concentrated car wash to get very mild sudsing, maybe a foam cannon would help.

Hi Tom,

This is the cannon I use:

This is the foaming liquid I use:

I do fill it with straight concentrate liquid, I don't add any water because the cannon will mix the liquid with water during the wash

I also use a Ryobi electric pressure washer which I picked up from Home Depot for around $100.00, it works really good for these kinds of things

City water is pretty good in this area, we use it for everything inside the house and for car washes, I do also have well water which I strictly use for irrigation.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got to experience work on our hottest day so far this year of 113 degrees, and I work outdoors. It sucked.
Oh my... And i thought i had it bad in Florida? You won't hear me complain anymore!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
For us northern state folk, 8 straight days we just had of 90+ temps was ALL I care to have to handle for the rest of the "summer" here! There was little breeze to help and high humidity and we have a big OLD 2 story home and just ONE window size A/C unit! Last week was horrible for us. Weather FINALLY broke Sat. with day long rains that gave is almost 2" worth!

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
560 Posts
Tim,
Thanks, ordered it last night and it was, coincidentally, a lightning deal at Amazon when I did so it was a whopping $14 with tax and will be here today, hopefully early enough in the day to try it out. Our city water is 430ppm of total dissolved solids - barely EPA acceptable and our water softener doesn't do the outside water. If any water dries on the car here, it leaves a solid white mineral layer behind so washing a car is an exercise in speed and agility. Fortunately, I know how to dry a well waxed car with water. This will let me soap, wash, and rinse more quickly and since I already own the pressure washer, no brainer for me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tim,
Thanks, ordered it last night and it was, coincidentally, a lightning deal at Amazon when I did so it was a whopping $14 with tax and will be here today, hopefully early enough in the day to try it out. Our city water is 430ppm of total dissolved solids - barely EPA acceptable and our water softener doesn't do the outside water. If any water dries on the car here, it leaves a solid white mineral layer behind so washing a car is an exercise in speed and agility. Fortunately, I know how to dry a well waxed car with water. This will let me soap, wash, and rinse more quickly and since I already own the pressure washer, no brainer for me.
Im glad you got a deal on it. These are fun to have around

Can't wait for you to share your feedback after you've had a chance to use it

The concentrate foaming soap at Walmart was like $4. Smells like almonds too so that was a nice change

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For us northern state folk, 8 straight days we just had of 90+ temps was ALL I care to have to handle for the rest of the "summer" here! There was little breeze to help and high humidity and we have a big OLD 2 story home and just ONE window size A/C unit! Last week was horrible for us. Weather FINALLY broke Sat. with day long rains that gave is almost 2" worth!
Oh my, see, I'm a big guy (270lbs). If my ac is not down to 69-70 all day long I'd suffocate.

Luckily my wife and kids adjusted to that

It gets so sticky and humid down here that I'd wish for a cold evening so that I can have a chance to sit outside and smoke my cigar. I've had a few cigars in my humidor for over 2 yrs that i had to throw out because i didn't have a chance to light them up and they became moldy.

These are the first world problems that we have to deal with lol

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Oh my, see, I'm a big guy (270lbs). If my ac is not down to 69-70 all day long I'd suffocate.

Luckily my wife and kids adjusted to that

Actually we are not far apart from your self description. Although I do believe I have a few more pounds(not many more) and probably a number of years over you!
Our A/C is upstairs for bedrooms and blocked off for downstairs(where I sleep). Upstairs was 75* running full bore 24/7, and downstairs hung around 84*. I sleep in a recliner due to my back troubles positioned next to a window. Yesterday and todays weather has been quite refreshing and comfortable 77*h and 58* lows. 90's again this weekend! :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts