Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

My wife got alovely new Kia Cerato 2005 model, just had its 1,000k service/check up done, and all good and going strong.

She enquired about a dash mat while at the dealers, they didnt have any, but at $70AUD I think the price is fair, but before we run off and get one ordered in, I was wanting to see some pictures of the dash mat, and welcome any comments on the quality of them.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Cerato
20 Posts
Hey Matey,

I see your from the land of aus?

Question: did the dealership where you bought your cerato from offer you "Tetra Shield" ?

I was "convinced" by my dealer to have this added to my cerato, its a full body paint, under body, interior carpets and materials including dash and door trim protection.

It prevents the exterior body paint work from fading due to the sun and keeps its shine like its been waxed or polished and you never have to wax and buff the car ever again..

It protects under body rust from happening.

It protects carpets and seats from stains and dirt.

And it also protects the door trims and dash from fading or cracking and you never have to use amor-all to keep the shine.

All you have to do is wipe it with a damp soapy cloth.

This "tetra shield" has a life time warranty...

It added $1000 to the purchase price of my cerato but its worth it. I can easily clean my cerato with worrying about waxing or buffing.. so its always polished...

my carpet are easily to vacuum... and with any spilage of drinks it soaks up easily with a damp cloth...

and each time i wipe down the dash.. it always comes up shiny and smooth jus as if i've sprayed it with amor all..

i hope this helps.. it might change your mind from just buying a dash mat to protect the dash board.. sometimes dash mats can ruin the look of your ride.. for me i'd always want everyone to see the real trims of the dash as they stand out and give personality to the vehicle.. instead of some carperty looking mat over the dash..hehe...

sorry if i was out of context.. id thought id like to share it with u.

check out my ride... the quality of the pictures isnt of hi res.. but my cerato is actually dirty.. but the tetra shield makes it seem its waxed and polished. =)

cheers.

Kz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got just the paint protection on our Cerato, we don't have kids, and we plan to keep the car for about 5 years so by that time, any kids we do have will be only just old enough to make alot of mess, and will get all that protection on the new car.

We also got the alloy rims, the ABS, extra alarm, and the window tinted.

We had factory floor mats thrown in, and since they fit so nicely, I figure a dash mat will fit very nice too, but I want to see the material they are made of, is it like a felt or more like carpet (prefer felt). I noticed you are from Sydney, they said they have to get one from Sydney for us, if you get a chance and your dealer has one, any feedback would be very greatly appreciated if you can get a squiz at one.

We have done about 2,050km on our car so far, so hasnt had a wash (other then one at the 1,000k service) and certainly no vaccuum ..... lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts