Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks with the top end trims, sxl sx+ etc, what colour do your fog lights give? Or does anyone have the specs?

Do your LED positioning lights, stock HID low beams, and quad LED fogs all match in colour?

I'm looking at potentially swapping out my halogen fogs, but the after market LED kits are 6000k to 6700k, which is too cool blue for my taste. I was wondering if the OEM LED fogs are the same?

I installed some 5000k halogen low beam bulbs to better match the positioning LEDs which to my eyes look to be about the standard HID temp of 4300k... but any other opinions on this welcome...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
oem leds are 5000k at the fogs from looking at them up close.. oem hid's on the sorento are 4150k--4200k
but in tme HID color shirfts.. they turn whiter after 20hrs or so but if 4300k they onlky turn about 4600k the most, thats why philips also sells
an hid bulb that has 4600k for single replacement to color match

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oem leds are 5000k at the fogs from looking at them up close.. oem hid's on the sorento are 4150k--4200k
but in tme HID color shirfts.. they turn whiter after 20hrs or so but if 4300k they onlky turn about 4600k the most, thats why philips also sells
an hid bulb that has 4600k for single replacement to color match
Thank you! I don't think I would be happy with the 6000k plus aftermarket fogs, they would advertise themselves as such, I'll keep my eye on OEM ones instead...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would agree with the above. The HID's, marker lights, and LED fogs on my SXL are very similar in color temperature. It makes me really hate the Halogen high beams when they come on! Even though, the lower color temp of the high beams is better for actual driving.

For my other car, I went with 5000k LED switchback turn/marker lights, and they match up with the 4300k HIDs. I had heard reports of people going 6000k and not liking the result, so I would stay at 5k or under.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks.

I would agree with the above. It makes me really hate the Halogen high beams when they come on! Even though, the lower color temp of the high beams is better for actual driving.
Agree. My previous VW had bi-xenons so it wasn't a choice. For my SX high beams I put Philips Diamond Vision H7 in and they are OK Amazon.com: Philips - Diamond Vision H7 Halogen HID Bulbs (Pair): Automotive and maybe the Sylvania silverstar ultras would be an even better match to your HIDs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
bevmo
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing