Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03 Kia Sedona
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am replacing my motor which jumped time with a used motor from a local used auto parts yard. I have replaced the timing belt, pulleys, water pump and cps. i also poured a few cap fulls of oil in each cylinder. it seems to have been sitting for a while. The yard said they test run all motors before pulling and it came with 30 day warranty. is there anything else i should do before installing and changing the oil for first start. i will be hand turning of course when finishing timing belt procedure. i don't know much about these hyundai motors.

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2005 EX 3.5L Automatic
96 Posts
I would disconnect the fuel pump and let the engine crank for 30-40 seceonds without starting. This way you get oil circulated everywhere. Then connect the fuel pump and fire her up. You did not say, but I assume you're changing all the spark plugs too as you have the engine out?

·
Registered
03 Kia Sedona
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure did. cranked it for about 3- 30second cycles. then fired it up. ticked for about 10 min. let it warm up then shut it off. restarted and motor cleared up gradually and is quiet now. restarted second day still nice and quiet. thanks for info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.