Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this vehicle 24 hours ago..Fob worked great at the dealership. Drove it home, put it in park..pushed the button start/stop once and engine shut off BUT the "acc" came on and the fob refuses to do anything. I looked up youtube..Information said that as a safety feature, the car puts out a beeeeeep..which it did...and the fob will not lock the doors if any door is open (except the trunk) or if the start/stop button is either in "acc" or the "on" position as indicated by either an orange or a green light. I checked all of the doors and the sunroof..surprise ! The sunroof switch doesn't work either...neither will the door handle lock button work...so I used the key inside the fob, locked the doors and went to bed. Got up this morning and the orange light was off...clicked the fob and voila the thing worked and the door unlocked..drove the car..came home, put it in "park", pushed the start/stop button....it glowed orange for "acc" and the fob refused to work..what the? ANY ideas welcomed..I called the dealer service center and the mechanic said he'd never heard of a Sportage doing that...I have an appointment on 11/6...it's 2 hours away....

·
Registered
2017 Sportage EX
163 Posts
Check your Owner's Manual. Your Sportage may not recognize the fact that you're in Park, and so will only switch to ACC, not OFF. For my 2017, if left in ACC for over 1 hour, the button automatically switches to OFF to prevent battery drain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your Owner's Manual. Your Sportage may not recognize the fact that you're in Park, and so will only switch to ACC, not OFF. For my 2017, if left in ACC for over 1 hour, the button automatically switches to OFF to prevent battery drain.
Thank you...but I didn't get an owner's manual..VERY good to know that battery life is protected !

·
Registered
2017 Sportage EX
163 Posts
I don't have a Service Manual for your car so I can't be sure how the transmission operates. It's possible that the module that controls the start button isn't receiving the signal that the transmission is in Park, hence your problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts