Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that remember: 1 1/2 years ago my one month old (1200 miles) 2011 Kia Sorento SX died in a parking lot. After 18 days, the dealer blamed me (I had HID lights) for a $4,300 bill. Then when I picked it up.. it still had problems, so they took another week and a half to "fix it" for a total of 26 days. Yes, I did file a "Lemon Law" warning to the dealership. Kia finally relented a month later and I got my $4,300 back and a free trailer hitch.
FAST FORWARD a year and a half: The dealership that had been there some 30 years sold out. Two years ago they built a huge new Toyota building next door and moved out and the old smaller building became KIA.
Two weeks ago, the dealership is now Fred Beans, a large PA dealership. It must be had been a sudden sale as last week I received one of those fliers in the "value coupon envelope" in the old dealership name.
I guess the high quality of their service they delivered had a negative impact !
P.S. Only had two no starts that were "checked" by the dealership that is by my job. I have been using then since I bought a "pre-paid" oil/tire service. That dealership had been fine. I think they were a former Olds dealer.
I'll have to drop by and see if the new dealer "cleaned house".....

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
so is your Sorrie OK now?
HID still in place?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No other problems... no HID so if something happens, there is nothing KIA can complain about. Still waiting to upgrade the maps... need time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts