Kia Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento LX, V6
8 Posts
Yes, I originated this thread and I'm still having problems. It did it to me today. I hadn't been back to read additional posts to this thread and I may ask for them to replace the push button. Let me know what happened with your vehicle at the dealership, if you don't mind. Thank you!
They said my battery was dead and needed to be replaced. I had Kia replace it with one of theirs to hold them accountable if the problem happens again. Maybe I bought a faulty one from Costco but I’m still not convinced it’s just a battery issue. I haven’t had any problems since (it’s been almost a week) but I’m sure I will again. I bought the Sorento used a few months ago (maybe this is why they sold it) and they had put in an after market car starter. This starter has been giving me issue too with starting. I’m curious if this is part of the problem so I’ve stopped using it for now.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They said my battery was dead and needed to be replaced. I had Kia replace it with one of theirs to hold them accountable if the problem happens again. Maybe I bought a faulty one from Costco but I’m still not convinced it’s just a battery issue. I haven’t had any problems since (it’s been almost a week) but I’m sure I will again. I bought the Sorento used a few months ago (maybe this is why they sold it) and they had put in an after market car starter. This starter has been giving me issue too with starting. I’m curious if this is part of the problem so I’ve stopped using it for now.
Yes, they blamed my key fob battery too. We replaced the batteries in our fobs and it made no difference. I think that is just a standard script they say when this problem presents itself. Thank goodness for the bypass starting procedure (which they were alarmed about me using -- not sure why though) because sometimes it is the only way I can get the car started and so far it hasn't failed me but I'm very afraid at some point I'm going to get stranded with this vehicle.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts