Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the seats in all American cars. Something has happened since 2003, because all auto makers now have the same &%#%#y uncomfortable seats. If you look at over seas models of cars they all have an multiple direction adjustable seat options, but not in the US!

I want to buy a 2012 Rio5, but cannot, because of the seat. It's too uncomfortable. However, over seas Kia offers the Rio5 premium package with a 6 way adjustable seat!!!! LIKE OMG! Does anyone know how I can buy over seas Kia parts? :D

I called the dealers and they cannot buy them?

So, any of you know here I can get them? :confused:

Thanks!

· Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,911 Posts
You will have a problem if you go with the out of the country seats, air bags and their connectors. If you were to get in a collision and the air bag in the seat does not go off??????? What about your warranty? If you don't have the stock seats in there NO warranty.

· Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,911 Posts
Also, when I called the Kia dealer they said the seat comes in pieces. I can buy the bottom part and still use the back that came with the car.
AFTER you buy the car you can do whatever you choose to do with the car. But if they tell you the seats have been changed causing the air bag light to come on, and you will have to pay don't say you wern't warned. I not just talking about the air bag in the upper seat, there is sensors in the bottom of the seat as well.

· Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,196 Posts
Not to mention if like cobra said they airbag light comes on due to wrong connectors for the airbags how do you expect to pass anykind of yearly inspection, assuming you state does them. We could know this information if you filled in your profile like you should have done.

2ndly, my saturn aura has an 9? way adjustable seat. They are out there.I do agree that with all the Kias I owned, and the ones I just test drove, Kia needs some new seats. They are stiff, hard, and do not have good adjustments. I dont think they took enough consideration into this as they did other parts of there cars that have gone up in quality. Just like the carpets, so dam hard to clean and get dirt out of. My only 2 compliants with Kia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.