Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul, 2010 Kia Soul
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any actual experience pulling a trailer with their Soul? I have a 2010 Soul, just had a hitch installed to attach a rear carrier basket but may want to sometimes pull a 5 x 8 utility trailer to carry a motorcycle or scooter.

·
Registered
WHITE 2014 Kia Soul ! WHOLE SHABANG
4 Posts
Hi , I have a 2014 soul ! 2.0 . Pull a small harbor freight trailer. Carrying two Kayaks & gear . No problems.
I plan on adding transmission cooler in the near future.
I have only towed short trips of twenty to thirty miles each way. Over mostly level terrain .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2011 with a trailer hitch. Never towed with it. I've only used it for carrying bikes. From what I've read, towing "officially" is "not recommended". But we don't need recommendation where we're going. ;)
I think the things to remember are: weight of what you're towing, increased load on the tranny, braking forces, and wind loading. My very rough, uneducated guess is 750 lbs (trailer + load) is probably the max you want to go.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,398 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
502 Posts
Reference your owners manual and gcvw sticker attached to your B pillar on the driver's side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts