Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All bolts removed and can't separate engine from trans. 05 spectra 2.0 auto trans. Do fly wheel/tork conv. Have to be taken out to separate ?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
Have you pulled the engine/tranny as a set?

Remove starter and through this hole remove the four bolts holding the torque converter to the flywheel, remove transmission case bolts. Spectra ATs are shown on ebay with a temporary bar holding the torque converter in the bell housing area so they won't come loose...so the must be a slip on type.

What problem do you have with the car? Both engines and trannys are a steal cost wise. low mileage engines $500~$600...auto trannys w/under 40k $300..
Dave

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
for me by experience. i could not remove the trans without removing the engine. so in your case your better off removing the whole engine and trans together. its pretty simple.

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
dave can you find me an engine for mine. around the DC area i have no luck finding one. well i found 2 at a local salvage yard but they want $1000.00 i just wanna put another engine on mines and rebuild the one i have now. since i notice its burning oil and i feel the lost of power.

·
Registered
265 Posts
one way you can do it is take the starter out and unbolt the flywheel from the motor before pulling it. i thinks theres 4 17mm bolts holding the flywheel. unbolt the trans and other things like power steering pump ac compressor and such.honestly its easier to just remove the engine and trans as 1. also when joining the trans and engine together make sure to mount the t-converter on the trans first and make sure it seats properly cause you dont wanna damage the teeth on the trans and t converter. lay the trans facing up and slide the t converter down and turn right until its drops about 1/2 inch you will know its in there. it took me about 3 whole turns before it sat in. if you need help just let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts