Kia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Picanto (2014) 1.2
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , I have a Kia picanto 2015 and my partner told me that when I left the house there was a puddle where the car was parked. Upon checking under the car know ( being parked around 5 hours) it was dry but part of the metal seems to be wet ( see photo) any ideas ???
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai ix35 AWD CRDi
514 Posts
Any chance you could edit the photo with paint and circle areas of concern? I can't pick it. I see a slightly damp oil spot barely worth worrying about on the gearbox, rust subframe, nothing wet and a green/white patch on the left on the floor and brown /red to the right.

If it's clear like water likely from the AC condensation, if you use it, if it's green/pink depending on your coolant colour it could be that, if it's oily depending on colour and location engine or gearbox.

Sorry I could not be more helpful

·
Registered
Kia Picanto (2014) 1.2
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior
Any chance you could edit the photo with paint and circle areas of concern? I can't pick it. I see a slightly damp oil spot barely worth worrying about on the gearbox, rust subframe, nothing wet and a green/white patch on the left on the floor and brown /red to the right.

If it's clear like water likely from the AC condensation, if you use it, if it's green/pink depending on your coolant colour it could be that, if it's oily depending on colour and location engine or gearbox.

Sorry I could not be more helpful
Hello , the area I think it’s coming from is this ( see photo circled ) as it’s darker.
The floor in the photo is dry ( the stain you see is not related to car).

·
Registered
514 Posts
View attachment 121493
Hello , the area I think it’s coming from is this ( see photo circled ) as it’s darker.
The floor in the photo is dry ( the stain you see is not related to car).
So the puddle evaporated? So has to contain water, I think that stain could be where the drain plug is assuming this is a manual so it does not look wet to me more like seepage or eevn from a service and some dust hast has accumulated. It's not wet in another direction so could not be running down to that point either.

The AC drain does come through the floor, may run through the sub frame too and it would generally be on the same side as the gearbox. I'm having difficulty finding a 2014 Picanto LHD I'm guessing. Anyway I don't know what the weather is like there,run the AC and see if it drips water and see if that matches up to what you saw.

This is a Ceed drain hose, but all cars with AC have one, looking for something like this, out of the firewall, I can see the swaybar and part of the steering column in the background which suggests this image is LHD

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
Kia Picanto (2014) 1.2
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brown Wood Tints and shades Flooring Tree

Thanks for all your time

the floor is dry because the parking spot is a different one haha ( I’ve attached photo of the spot that my partner found)

yes its a manual car
It’s currently hot here so I do use the AC but the patch in the photo was taken few days after car was parked stopped

thanks again

·
Registered
514 Posts
looks like you're parked on the moon. In that case see if that's oily. Can't work out damp soil. If it is from that damp patch on the box, see if that plug is nipped up or if there is a missing sealing washer. Or degrease and clean, and regularly inspect to see what comes back. If you have ramps or stands get under there and see if you can spot something.

Coolant could evaporate off and leave a residue because that can be a bit oily with all the additives.

·
Registered
Kia Picanto (2014) 1.2
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car service is due in 4 weeks , might wait till then and tell the Kia garage to have a look. ?? Doesn’t look too serious does it ?

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you know what the gearbox model is let me know. I'm not 100% if teh drain will be in that location or not but on my 5 speed i30 box it is and it's a bolt head with alloy washer underneath

·
Registered
514 Posts
My car service is due in 4 weeks , might wait till then and tell the Kia garage to have a look. ?? Doesn’t look too serious does it ?
So long as coolant and engine oil levels are good, nothing visually is alarming for me. May as well check the brake fluid too. If they're all with in the normal levels, yeah, mention it and they should be in a better position to judge.

that's all I could recommend and what I would do.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hello, I just used my car and saw a drip after I parked it ( see photo) which I think it’s normal as there’s a tube.
however the dark grey spot from the other photo doesn’t seem normal does it ?
Does not look major either, get some degreaser and hose it off, then just check it now and then. Nothing would concern me with what I saw in the photos at least and I hate leaks. It's not wet, and it's not dripping. pretty minor and honestly not that unusual over time. that's my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts