Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. Just joined this forum and hoping to get some good 0feedback. So I have a few issues with my 03 Kia Spectra.120k- First off, I have a very slow fuel leak coming from the pulsation dampner, already have the replacement, seems like a simple job. Remove fuel pump relay, after car dies, disconnect battery swap out the dampner. oil on o-ring. That will be done tomorrow. Piece of cake. I have had a power steering leak for a LONG time. I still have to find the leak and order whatever I need. SMH. Also, about to order Gates T-belt and Pump. 120k and never been changed. This I am really nervous about, being an interference engine and all. And last but not least, I have a knocking coming from the front suspension perhaps. Still have to check all my engine mounts and rule that out. Any feedback on any of these issues/repairs would be much appreciated. I have to keep this car going for 200k! I have been really glad to have this car, other than oil changes and a coolant flush tranny flush, service costs, I have been blessed with no costly damages or repairs. I would like to keep it that way. :lol:

·
Registered
01 Spectra
52 Posts
I had a power steering leak with my spectra at about 140k miles, the leak came from the power steering hose, swapped that out with a good one and it was fine. You should clean off your power steering hose and then after driving around or turning the car on and moving the steering wheel back and forth a few times check it out for leaks.

For the timing belt the methods used shouldn't differ much from other cars. Make sure to line up the Intake and Exhaust marks properly. Heres an image of what I'm talking about for refrence.

http://cdn.2carpros.com/automotive_pictures/61395_Capture_24.jpg

Sorry I cannot assist with your other issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply ghead. The timing belt is on, it is running good. As to kiatechinfo instructions, I didn't use them...ended up having to take out passenger side motor mount completely to give myself some room to get at certain parts. crank pulley etc. Jacked up that side of the motor to create some play. Also took of passenger wheel and plastic shroud. Took about 4-5 hours from start to firing it up. Lots of blood:rolleyes: It is done though. one interesting thing I noticed was the tensioner bolt for the p/s was gone completely. Had to take out the one on the alternator after I locked it in and used that to lock in p/s. Also, the ENTIRE water pump gasket was left on the block, so I used silicone to seal water pump onto it. No leaks yet, but I haven't drove it at all. Crossing my fingers. It would have taken another hour to scrape it off the block. I mean it was on there! And completely intact. Noticed one of those black clips with the three teeth that hold on the shroud by the wheel well was gone completely so that may be what I am hearing on the suspension. Stabilizer link looks good. I plan on getting my engine steam cleaned and checking for any leaks. Little bit of oil on valve cover and on oil pan and bottom of block. Guess it could be dirty p/s fluid but ill find out once i get it good and clean and start checking for leaks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts