Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento V6 EX-Luxury 7 Seater
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and just brought home a Cherry Red 2013 Sorento V6 EX luxury 7 Seater yesterday:)
I am loving the car so far. It is a different segment for me as I drove a Camry before!

Have run into couple of issues though:
1. Side mirror adjustment for reverse gear : The automatic side mirror adjustment when you reverse/back the vehicke does not seem to happen all the time. I tried it 4 times yesterday. It worked only 2 times. Is there something I am not doing right? Please give me some tips...

2. Tire: We drove the car home and then for a short ride later. While it was parked, I noticed a small but thick nail in the front passenger side wheel. I tried taking the nail off and I could feel the tire losing air. So, I let it be and called roadside assistance. A guy from CAA came and took the nail out and put a patch like thing on the tire to keep the air from coming out.
So thats a temporary fix. What do I do to get the tire fixed ?
Should I take it to the dealership where I just bought the car from (will they cover it) or just take it to Canadian tire or a local mechanic?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
congrats on your purchase. i too am new to the Kia family and am loving my '13 SX AWD. responses:
1. the mirror selection switch needs to be either in the far left or right positions for this feature to work. if it is in the middle, the mirrors will not point down when in reverse. a "feature" that i couldn't find documented anywhere but learned about on this website.
2. if this was me, i would price it out at local tire shops. i probably would not ride with the patch because i do some serious long distance driving on occasion. if you go to the dealer, they will price gouge and i don't think this is a warranty item.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento ex luxury, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV
82 Posts
anuchari20

I live down the road from you in Waterloo and 5 weeks ago got a 2013 EX Luxury with 5 seats ( at my age kids are long gone) love the Sorento so far.

As long as the nail is not in or close to the side wall the plug that was put in should work fine and I would not consider it a temporary fix. My sales work took me on a lot of construction sites and picking up a nail was not uncommon I often had tires with 2 or 3 plugs in them never had a problem with any of them.

Enjoy your new ride

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
congrats anuchari20

I was trying to buy a Red EX Luxury as well before i got my SX, the dealer had to special order it, but i couldn't wait, as i needed the new car ASAP,

they were sold out all over Ontario, the one with 7 seats + NAV, also they didn't have any colour that I like.

so I ended up going for the SX instead,

·
Registered
2013 Sorento V6 EX-Luxury 7 Seater
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all.. That was really quick :)
1. Side Mirrors : I will try it this evening and hoefully it should work .. As I understand it, the controls on the driver door, that we use to adjust the side mirror position, should be either in left or right and not in the centre.
2. Puncture: The nail is on the side and looks like it is advisable to change it. I spoke with Canadian Tire and they charge $25 for it, which is reasonable I think. I will be getting it done this evening after work.
And you are right. It is not covered under warranty!

I was amazed at the speed at which the CAA person was sent to my door and this was despite telling KIA service that this is not an emergency and can wait.

And I love the Cherry Red :) I did not see the other Red, but I have had a red car in the past and wanted to own a different colour this time ...

Another Question : I bought extended warranty - 8 yrs 160k . It is provided by a company called FCCP.
Just wanted to hear thoughts on whether is a good idea to get it. I got it for $1400 (Incl taxes)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts