Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 2005 Sportage EX and the rear view mirror is programable for the garage door opener and my community gate. Can any one help me with directions of how to program this? I did not see anything in the owners manual about doing this.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage
84 Posts
it's in there, you just have to look. i remember going over that material. i don't recall what page though. did you get it to work yet??

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've a sorento and the manual has directions to program it, if sportage doesn't have it, please give me your e-mail and I can send these to you OR you can look up a sorento manual at the dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well if you still need any help, or if anyone needs help. here is what i did.

First of all, if you are programming near you garage door, I suggest you unplug the power so as not to wear it out as you program. Second, turn your ignition to ACC. Third, you hold down the first and middle buttons on the mirror for about 20 seconds to clear the memory. (The light will flash) Then simultaneously, press whatever button you want to program and the garage door remote at the same time until the light on the mirror blinks quickly. It may not happen the first time, or the second time...it actually took me 15 mins to figure it out. I tried it a plethora of ways and that one seemed to work...pressing the remote and the mirror button at the same time. Also, aim the remote control to the sensor behind the mirror.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts