Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento, Suzuki V-Strom
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in a new garage door opener and had to program the Homelink opener buttons on my rear view mirror. The instructions in the owner's manual didn't work, but the programming instructions at homelink.com worked fine.

By the way, I got a Sommer brand door opener from Lowe's. I like it a lot. This opener is smooth and quiet. It has a soft start and soft stop for smoother operation. The drive motor is in the traveler, something new to me. Lifetime guarantee, too. It works with my existing Chamberlain electric eyes and push buttons (which also worked with a previous Genie) making the installation easier. Earlier Sommer openers didn't have the most secure rolling codes for operation, but the newer ones do have the rolling codes. I'd buy another.

(Oops, I just saw that I titled this as Home Line instead of the correct HomeLink.)

·
Registered
2013 Sorento Ex V6
290 Posts
I just put in a new garage door opener and had to program the Homelink opener buttons on my rear view mirror. The instructions in the owner's manual didn't work, but the programming instructions at homelink.com worked fine.

By the way, I got a Sommer brand door opener from Lowe's. I like it a lot. This opener is smooth and quiet. It has a soft start and soft stop for smoother operation. The drive motor is in the traveler, something new to me. Lifetime guarantee, too. It works with my existing Chamberlain electric eyes and push buttons (which also worked with a previous Genie) making the installation easier. Earlier Sommer openers didn't have the most secure rolling codes for operation, but the newer ones do have the rolling codes. I'd buy another.

(Oops, I just saw that I titled this as Home Line instead of the correct HomeLink.)
My past car and truck were programmed to both my garage doors. Traded in the car for the Sorento, brought it home and had a devil of a time with the garage double door. Single door eventually programmed. Its been so long, that the gremlens took off with my garage door key fobs. I tried everything in the kia manual to program, home link website with the learn blinking lights etc. just would not do it. Eventually erased all the programming and started at ground zero. Truck and outside key pad programmed instantly, still the double door refused from the Kia. I concluded that you must use a GD key fob to start the whole programming. Double door was 1 year old, single door 10 years old two different systems, same manufacturer. I got a GD key fob from ebay, programmed the Double GD from the key fob and then and only then did the kia start talking to both doors. :eek:

·
Registered
Ford 2015
2 Posts
I was Looking for the best garage Door Openers and some other issues related to their installation and so i found this discussion.I want some suggestions that which will be best and good quality garage door opener? also i saw somewhere that it may start making noises and it may have small range so which will be the quietest and longer range with best in quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts