Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Key Fob

This was posted a while back by Kiamech, I cannot guarantee it will work...

OK, at the DLC connector under the hood, you will be putting the "paper clip" (or jumper wire) into terminals 5 and 17. I know, you don't know where terminals 5 and 17 are. Well, if you're looking at the connector with the notch at the top, terminal 5 is the far LEFT of the CENTER row. Terminal 17 is the fourth terminal from the RIGHT in the BOTTOM row.

After the jumper is in place, turn the ignition on, but don't start it.

Press the LOCK button of the remote two times.

Turn the ignition switch "OFF" and take out the key.

Remove the jumper and make sure the remote works.

Malcolm

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2.9LX 2003
83 Posts
I found another thread telling you how to do this but it says if you do this the other remote will stop working. i.e. only one remote can work at a time.

I've got two remotes. Whats the other one for then? A spare ?

·
Registered
Sedona 2.5LX
18 Posts
Programming keyfob

Got this procedure from a guy who works for Kia, it worked a treat on my 03 Sedona:

Insert key and turn to on
Wind down driver window
Remove key
Open bonnet
Open diagnostic panel (in front of battery)
Short pin 4 "counting from left" (rear row) with pin 8 "counting from left" (middle row) with insulated wire
Press Lock button twice
When chime operates the programming is complete
Repeat previous 2 steps for other keyfobs
Remove key
Remove wire from diagnostic panel

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's been a long time I realise but if you friend still works for kia could you ask what the procedure is on a 2004 Magentis/Optima with a Cobra system. Thank you

·
Registered
Kia Sedona, Hyundai Elantra
262 Posts
Hi!
Did anyone tried the procedure posted by Sedonaireland? Did it worked for anyone else?

"Got this procedure from a guy who works for Kia, it worked a treat on my 03 Sedona:

Wind down driver window
Remove key
Open bonnet
Open diagnostic panel (in front of battery)
Short pin 4 "counting from left" (rear row) with pin 8 "counting from left" (middle row) with insulated wire
Press Lock button twice
When chime operates the programming is complete
Repeat previous 2 steps for other keyfobs
Remove key
Remove wire from diagnostic panel"

Please advise. Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 Sedona 2.9 Diesel Auto - currently available onn e-bay for £350+; 2007 Sedona 2.9 Diesel Auto
6 Posts
Is it the same for a 2007 Sedona? and does it make any difference that Lock/Unlock fob is separate from the Ignition key that has the transponder in it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts