Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Kia ProCeed Sport 2.0
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Had a quick search on here and found nothing that would help me out here. My passenger side rear fog lamp has been broken since I got the car and everytime i go to fix it i cant get the lense off the car

Looking at the back of the light there is no access so am thinking the lense like clips off and clips on but hey, am sure somebody on here will know before i break something :)

And ps, this autoguide app is pretty sweet :)

Sent from my HTC One X using AutoGuide

·
Registered
246 Posts
Very few cars have work rear fogs on the passenger side. Not sure about the Proceed.

Manufacturers save on every car by not fitting the wiring loom, reflector and bulb.

·
Registered
Pro Ceed 1.6 Crdi Challenge
159 Posts
Pro ceed have one rear fog light, the other one is dummy... If u wanna install second fog lamp u need cover and bulb and also the hole rear bumper is going off...
Stupid Kia saves money on stupid thing, how much expensive the car will be if they installed second light in factory... LAME

·
Registered
KIA Pro_cee'd 1.6 CRDi -11
94 Posts
I think the reason is to not confuse the fog light with the braking lights.
All newer cars are like this over here.

·
Registered
943 Posts
In Europe the law says that there can be either one or two rear fog lights and the edge of the illuminated areas of the fog and stop lights must be at least 10cm apart.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
Stupid Kia saves money on stupid thing, how much expensive the car will be if they installed second light in factory... LAME
Your above comment is one of the most rediculous I have ever read on any forum. Calling Kia stupid over the matter of having only one rear fog light is most unfair on Kia. I cannot honestly think of one car I have owned in the past that has had two. That includes VW, Ford, Mini, Nissan and the BMW that resides in the garage with the Kia Ceed SW.

If you have a problem with only having one rear fog rather than calling Kia stupid write to the legislators. Kia, like all the other manufacturers are complying with the law as it currently stands.

·
Registered
Ceed SW Sport
96 Posts
My 2008 SW has 2 rear fog lights. (All 2008 SWs did)

The later version has the same shape rear light clusters but only 1 rear fog light.

The later rear light clusters don't look much different, or any better, so they must have been changed for cost reasons (i.e penny pinching)

·
Registered
159 Posts
They are stupid like the other manufacturers, if they wanna put one fog light then put it in the midlle, dont use dummy light so that car look better like it have two... It is LAME, like their 7 year waranty... Full of BS...

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Grant

I broke my rear fog light on the passenger side by lightly clipping a wall, On my facelift ecodynamics this is a real light. I was really pleased that the unit cost about 18ukp but you have to take the bumper off to get to it to change it as the whole unit is screwed to the bumper and the lense is not separate. This is not a job for the faint hearted. If I remember correctly you have first to remove the tray underneath the bumper and rear of the car to access the mountings and the bumper needs to be unclipped from the body at the wheel arches which takes some force and you need to be careful not to damage the paintwork. Its an easy-ish job if you are used to working on cars and bodywork. I fitted a set of reversing sensors and the same time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It is LAME, like their 7 year waranty... Full of BS...
Why do you keep writing this nonsense. Most customers are more than happy with the warranty, the only ones having probelms are those that have broken their part of the deal i.e. not had the car serviced as per Kia's requirements.

If you continue to post these type of comments you should post what your problems are and preferably start a new thjread rather than hijcking someone elses.

·
Registered
Ceed SW Sport
96 Posts
They are stupid like the other manufacturers, if they wanna put one fog light then put it in the midlle, dont use dummy light so that car look better like it have two... It is LAME, like their 7 year waranty... Full of BS...
I wouldn't call their 7 year warranty lame.

My SW is 4.1/2 years old and has done 63000 miles and since owning it I have had the following replaced under warranty with no problems whatsoever:-

Suspension repaired twice.
Drop links replaced twice
Driver door and hatch locks replaced
Alternator cable replaced
Steering rack replaced
Clutch master and slave cylinders replaced - this was done a couple of weeks ago.

All of the above was carried out at the recommendation of my dealer - I didn't even have to ask!

I think the warranty is excellent!

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
How often do you light your car up and walk round to admire it? I can't imagine what practical issue could be bothering you.

More of a shame that they bothered to fit an unnecessary pair of lamps at the front. It's a pity there is no sales discount on unwanted cosmetic fittings.

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Guys,

regardless of legislations - are you actually arguing that it's better to have one rear fog light instead of two ???
I would sure pay 18 GBP to have two instead of one. Simply because I might be easier to notice from behind in poor visibility condition.

And yes, all manufacturers that fit only one are lame by doing cost savings in that particular feature.
If you as a buyer are shelling out 18K GBP it would hardly be a problem to give another few quid for added safety, wouldn't it ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Personally I think 1 rear fog light is probably safer than having 2.

Less chance of confusing them with brake lights.

Less likely to cause glare if some total numpty leaves them on for 6 months after the last fog.

·
Registered
Kia ProCeed Sport 2.0
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't help but feel I asked a question... and it resulted in an argument over why Kia didn't put two foglights... no wonder this place is getting a bad reputation...

Can I firstly thank you all for aiding me in being told that the Pro_Cee'd does only have one rear foglight, everybody is entitled to their opinions on Kia but I have my answer and I thank you all for providing it...

My view is simply this... My car complies with legal requirements... I rarely even use my foglights... so I couldn't give a toss about if there is one or two. Is it safer to have two rather than one, thats a decision the European court has decided, and I will side with them.

Anyways am off to eat my dinner :) take your bickering elsewhere :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Can't help but feel I asked a question... and it resulted in an argument over why Kia didn't put two foglights... no wonder this place is getting a bad reputation...

Can I firstly thank you all for aiding me in being told that the Pro_Cee'd does only have one rear foglight, everybody is entitled to their opinions on Kia but I have my answer and I thank you all for providing it...

My view is simply this... My car complies with legal requirements... I rarely even use my foglights... so I couldn't give a toss about if there is one or two. Is it safer to have two rather than one, thats a decision the European court has decided, and I will side with them.

Anyways am off to eat my dinner :) take your bickering elsewhere :)
Just looked at all the posts on this thread.

One posters tried to hijack the thread back to his personal "Kia has a rubbish warranty" thread

2 posters ( one of which was the above person) have called Kia "LAME" because they do not fit 2 fog lights.

Neither of the above posts wer any help to the OP.

All the other posters have given you their personal experience of this issue and you, as you say, now have your answer.

Perhaps the moderators need to keep a closer eye on who helps and who hijacks threads.

Some of us honestly try to help but other appear intent on destroying the forum.

·
Registered
159 Posts
U english ppl are so sensitive... plus u drive on the wrong side ha ha
U dont understand sarcasm,and u dont have sense for humor.

I just stated that dummy fog light is lame,second anybody who have real problems know why warranty is questionble...

And i hope i get banned from this forum :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
U english ppl are so sensitive... plus u drive on the wrong side ha ha
U dont understand sarcasm,and u dont have sense for humor.

I just stated that dummy fog light is lame,second anybody who have real problems know why warranty is questionble...

And i hope i get banned from this forum :D
Nice to see we are staying on the original subject and helping the OP (as usual).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Once the OP has an answer, I thought that is what forums are for, chatting, exchanging information and ideas, and giving opinions, you need to lighten up.
Seem to remember a few weeks ago that did not apply to Disbeliever, why should it apply to anyone else.

Whoops, off topic again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts