Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Proceed vr7
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the passed few weeks my driver side headrest has started behaving weird. If I push my body right into the seat the headrest pops out, is that meant to happen or has something broke?

·
Registered
0858 Kia Pro_Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi, Red
191 Posts
I thought this was supposed to happen? The headrest is just reacting to your body getting pushed into the seat, if you were to have a smash it would reduce neck injuries. Mine pops out if I fidget with too much vigour bin my lower back into the seat, and once it returns to its original position, wont pop out if you try prying at it with your fingers - active headrests in action I'd say

·
Registered
'10 Cee'd SW diesel autoshift
97 Posts
Quite normal, nothing broken. Active headrest feature, in case you get rear ended.

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
I don't think it's normal. Mine does the same, but only on drivers' seat.

Doesn't pop out too far, though. I wonder if it's supposed to only pop out a few centimeters...

·
Registered
Kia Proceed vr7
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to pop back in here, the car is booked into the dealers for friday 3rd aug to get the seat looked at, Sunglasses holder in the roof keeps opening and blocking my rear view mirror while driving and the exhaust is starting to drop. Theyre giving me a curtesy car FOC and would let me leave the dealership with a dirty car so they washed it for me, quite happy with the service from them at the moment.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Cheers for the update mate, let us know how you get on Friday please :)
Mine has started doing the same in the last few weeks, never did before (had it 16 months).
If it's meant to pop-out why didn't it before, but if that's a faulty seat I'll ask them to sort on next service :)

Hope all's well otherwise.

·
Registered
Kia Proceed vr7
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the late reply,

I had the seat internals replaced and its as good as new.
The exhaust mount got replaced.
Waiting for a part to replace the dodgy sunglasses holder.
The car came back to me with a full valet
Got given a 12 plate picanto to use for the day while mine was in the shop.
I had a crack on the front of the bumper from a nasty dip on a back lane and damage to the clips on the side of the bumper, these got repaired to a great standard.

Total spent, £10 petrol for the picanto

Dealership, Gravells kidwelly
would recommend to anyone looking to buy renault, kia or subaru top service

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
That's all great news Dajones! Excellent service and they sorted a few minor bits for you too.

Mine's in for service next Friday, I'll point out the drivers seat/headrest thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts