Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My speakers have been alright when I've been playing from my mobile using aux in cable... But recently there's been a hissing in the background while playing music. Its ok on radio and I got a new wire from Ebay but its still there in the background. I thought I could forget it but sometimes its so noticeable... Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Odd, can you play direct from USB stick in your model, worth trying that if you have a stick handy.

Maybe worth doing the mini reset;
On FM Radio, click Mute on steering wheel, change source to Aux or AM, hit Mute again then go back to FM.

I usually just cycle thru with the steering wheel controls from FM; mute/source/mute/source/mute/source. Takes me back to FM and resets the odd sound.

If that doesn't help, a total reset to factory for the stereo is done by removing the fuse, with ignition off & key removed, obviously.

Removable panel on drivers side, where door meets dashboard, Audio fuse is (I think) center column, 5th from top.
Mine is actually inside the yellow fuse puller, so I just pull that out wait 30 seconds for the system to reset and pop it back.

WARNING: This will also reset everything but odometer (trip computers, avg mpg, avg speed, etc), sometimes even the clock!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts