Kia Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
The company I work for are in it to make money, after all we are not a charity. We would soon be out of jobs if we did not make money. All the international offices try and be the most successful every month/year, does that mean we are robbing people, certainly not. That does not mean we are untrustworthy, it just means we are realistic.

Like Ceed3 I take people and companies as I find them until I have reason to make a decision either way, you do find companies sometimes that go beyond what you would expect (and that includes the motor trade). Any company out there who fails to meet my requirements had better look out, there are plenty more wanting my business.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The company I work for are in it to make money, after all we are not a charity. We would soon be out of jobs if we did not make money.
I don't mind anyone making a fair profit but too many have tried to rip me off. Even more have tried to rip off my daughters, (I wonder why?). Fortunately I have enough knowledge to call their bluff, and my daughters had the sense to call, or check with me before agreeing to work. As they both now have husbands and newish cars it is not my problem any more.:D

·
Premium Member
2010 Kia Ceed SW 3 CRDi, 2009 Kia Soul 2 CRDi
856 Posts
I've had experience of main dealers (BMW & Merc) ripping my wife off when she's taken cars in for service and since I've always done it and clearly they don't try it on so much.
They still have their little extras like washer fluid top ups, sundries, oil disposal, but that's only a pound or two.

·
Registered
Kia Niro PHEV 2018
44 Posts
Talked to my local dealer about Miller's and he actually warned against using it...

According to him it contains petroleum which in time leads to corrosion in the engine. Any experts around who can either confirm or reject this? :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Talked to my local dealer about Miller's and he actually warned against using it...

According to him it contains petroleum which in time leads to corrosion in the engine. Any experts around who can either confirm or reject this? :)
I am not an expert and whether you use it or not is your choice. I have proved to myself that it fixes smoke problems on several different diesel engines. Even if it was 100% petrol, at a dilution ratio of 1000/1 I can't see it doing much harm. I have used it intermittently over a 20 year period on many diesel cars without a problem.

Petrol in a diesel causes rapid wear to the injection system not corrosion. ;)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts