Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003, Kia Sorento, 2500 cc, diesel automatic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the car is washed or after going with it through heavy rain, the acceleration remains blocked at 1000 rpm (no matter how long or how hard I push the pedal) or remains locked at over 3000 rpm. After i put the tester to the car computer and delete this error, the problem disappears. It is definitely a problem with the wires or the wires that carry the signal to the car computer or from the computer to acceleration pedal. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model?
Thank you very much

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,699 Posts
Not so certain with lhd models, but you should find a large harness connector below the coolant expansion tank (leak from tank?). That is one that has given problems elsewhere, especially if subject to water ingress. Likewise check other harness connectors for corrosion. Also problems can occur if water gets into engine bay fuse boxes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had similar issue.. It was the ECU getting damp under the passenger side foot-well... It's a reasonably 'easy' job to pull back the carpet and dry out the foot-well and ECU. It's best to put it in a sealed plastic bag with silica gel bags and then put back in place... Also sometimes the sun roof drainage gets blocked and then leaks into the cabin... drainage holes are under the bonnet and under the black plastic strip around the wipers. Be careful not to damage the drainage tubes.. I have also heard of leakage from the black plastic strips running front to back in the roof... maybe try some black silicone sealer..!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts